Safari snorkel removal / installation instructions for GU2 Patrol

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 09, 2014 at 17:11
ThreadID: 108663 Views:3604 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
Does anyone have the installation/removal instructions for a Safari snorkel that suits a GU2 4.2TD Patrol? Pictures would be nice too if possible. After talking to various installers and servicemen, they suggested it would be a good idea to remove the snorkel and reinstall with fresh sealant, considering the age (14 years) and that several people have tried to stall the engine by blocking the snorkel intake.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Wednesday, Jul 09, 2014 at 17:52

Wednesday, Jul 09, 2014 at 17:52
Russler,

Found this on the patrol forum. Doesn't look like the link will work, so you'll have to copy 'n paste.

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/snorkel-install-step-step-instructions-pics-vid-28935/

Patrol looks a bit easier than the 80 series I did some years back. Had to break my wrist in 3 places to get the mounting bolts done up tight.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 535744

Follow Up By: Member - Russler - Wednesday, Jul 09, 2014 at 19:15

Wednesday, Jul 09, 2014 at 19:15
G'day Bob, thanks for the link. I'll let you know how many times my wrist breaks whilst undoing it all then doing it all up again. It's looking like a case of following my nose. At least all the hole drilling is done in my case ... i'd be pretty anxious about drilling holes through my shiny new Patrol.
FollowupID: 819667

Sponsored Links