Moroka Rd conditions?

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 13, 2014 at 21:22
ThreadID: 108730 Views:1538 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there all,
I will be heading up to the Vic High Country in a couple of weeks. We will be staying at Kelly's lane, which is on the Tamboritha rd about an hour from Licola. We will be spending some time hunting, and would also like to have a drive around the Moroka Rd area. This road intersects Tamboritha rd near Arbuckle junction. I have never been on Moroka rd, and would like to get an idea of what condition it is in. I understand that at that time it may have snow on it, so it would be great to get an idea of what the road is like.
Any info would be great!
Cheers Chriso.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Shaker - Sunday, Jul 13, 2014 at 21:58

Sunday, Jul 13, 2014 at 21:58
I think you will find that Kelly's Lane will be closed!

Generally the roads vary from being corrugated to very corrugated, especially on the bends & switchbacks, but usually not too bad. Be careful, as quite heavy mists can roll in very quickly once you get above the snow line.
I am pretty sure that Dingo Hill Tk remains open & you could camp down on Shaw's Creek, or at Horseyard.

AnswerID: 536031

Follow Up By: Member - Chriso100 - Monday, Jul 14, 2014 at 07:31

Monday, Jul 14, 2014 at 07:31
Thanks Shaker. Will take that advice on board. I know that Kelly's lane is closed, I was more interested in Moroka rd. Cheers
FollowupID: 820090

Reply By: Member - Bucky - Tuesday, Jul 15, 2014 at 06:13

Tuesday, Jul 15, 2014 at 06:13
Christo

Kelly's was shut May 1 This year, both ends, due to "sloppy bits".

The "Young fella" (next door) is headed to Horseyard Flat, via Moroka Road, for a hunt in a week or 2,.

I went up there for a hunt and towed a 6x4 standard trailer to Horseyard in Early May. Not too bad a run.
Should be no probs getting up that way.
You will need a chainsaw though, as there has been some pretty wild weather lately.

You can try coming in from Licola, via Tamboretha, and Arbuckle, but beware there has been a lot of snow this year, some as low as 1000 mts. You will go thru 1500 Mts, to get to Arbuckle and 1700Mts at McFarlanes Saddle.

Moroka Road would be a smarter choice.

Cheers
Bucky
AnswerID: 536065

Sponsored Links