Compatability of Trek NOtes

Submitted: Friday, Jul 18, 2014 at 09:06
ThreadID: 108790 Views:1192 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Are ExploreOz Trek Notes compatible with Tom Tom Mapping Systems as applied to an Apple iPad using an external Dual XGPS150 GPS device?

Regards
Rob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Friday, Jul 18, 2014 at 14:28

Friday, Jul 18, 2014 at 14:28
Hi Rob,

I don't think they would be, there isn't a huge amount of information about the app's features online, but I think there are two issues with importing and using Trek Notes files in the app.

The Trek Note Download contains a Track file and Waypoint file, these are overlaid on a suitable map to assist in route navigation - the Tom Tom app does not appear to allow the loading of these files, I also do not think they would have base maps for the areas covered by many of the Trek Notes.

If you are looking for a suitable navigation solution for your iPad for regional and remote areas, what I would recommend is using the Memory Map EOTopo 200K product. This is available for $59.99 USD for use on up to 2 Mobile Devices (there are also other licence options available). For more information on this, please see the EOTopo Help and FAQ article.
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 536252

Follow Up By: rojostock - Friday, Jul 18, 2014 at 14:42

Friday, Jul 18, 2014 at 14:42
Thanks Adele appreciate your quick response. Will have seek an alternative :)
FollowupID: 820317

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 06:28

Saturday, Jul 19, 2014 at 06:28
Another option MAY be to use GPS babel to convert any of the formats supported here into tom tom formats including asc, ov2 and itn formats if your tom tom can import these. GPS babel is free, google it.

However generally I think you will find that the Tom Tom won't cut it for outback touring and the Memory Map option or Ozi would be better. Memory Map is available for PC, Android or apple and Ozi is available in PC and Android.
AnswerID: 536278

Sponsored Links