Birdlife Aust GWW Bird Count - Tracks Info Needed

Submitted: Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 16:53
ThreadID: 108915 Views:1662 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I'm off next week to assist with counting birds in the Great Western Woodlands east of Norseman. I am looking for trcks in survey blocks that have not yet had counts conducted.

I am particularly interested in whether the 'green' track circled in black exists or not. GoogleEarth shows it faintly in some parts, but the imagery is from 2005 unfortunately.

Cheers.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 17:58

Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 17:58
John,

Here are some screenshots from some maps in OziExplorer for Android on a Samsung 7.7 inch tablet:

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 536737

Follow Up By: Member - John Baas (WA) - Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 19:12

Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 19:12
Thanks Frank.

Yes, I have the maps as well, but whether the tracks actually exist; that is the question.

Cheers.

FollowupID: 820952

Reply By: The Explorer - Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 19:19

Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 19:19
Crikey John! Never realised until today that you were a birder..(spotted your record of a little egret on the sightings page). Good stuff - now we have maps and birds in common. I have submitted ~ 82 days of surveys and recorded 102 species for GWW project survey to date (couple more surveys I haven't sent in yet).

Can't help with the track - looks very open in Google and MS Virtual Earth ..but as you indicate time since photo could be a factor. Do suspect DPaW keep it open as its one of the main access tracks into the Dundas Nature Reserve from the south (could be wrong just a guess).

Have a good trip.

Cheers
Greg

I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 536745

Follow Up By: Member - John Baas (WA) - Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 20:36

Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 20:36
Hi Greg.

Thanks for that. I'm only a rank amateur birdo, but happy to help out on anything re GWW. I have lately been interested in waterfowl tho. Chk out Urban Bushland Council - Eric Singleton Reserve page UBC Eric Singleton Reserve page - I'm the website admin for the Council and have contributed many of the site images.

Re the track, I had chk'd with DPaW Esperance, but now looking at my emails again, I think I might have misunderstood their input. I'll re-chk.

Great pic!

Cheers.
FollowupID: 820960

Sponsored Links