Adelaide Caravan & Camping Show

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 12:28
ThreadID: 10894 Views:6481 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
5 pavillions, outside exhibits and lots of the same old stuff, $11 per head and $5 parking.

Results after 3 hours:

Millions of pamplets, bloody sore feet, no real specials that I wanted to buy, a few dreams ignited.

Opinion:

Yeah I'd do it again next time, better than sitting on rear end doing nothing or worst still gardening.

Russell
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 12:58

Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 12:58
Yeah...I gave it a miss this year as I can't fit much else in to the truck. Much of the gear is more of the same old stuff.

Only did 5 minutes of gardening and then got the rest of the weekend off to play with my toys :-0)

Cheers,
Willem
Little Dip Cons Park S.A.
AnswerID: 48644

Follow Up By: Member - Des Lexik(SA) - Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 22:33

Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 22:33
Lucky you, I had 5 hours gardening yesterday another 4 today and an early night tonight. No time for toy but did give it a quick tub ready for next weekend. cya Wed.I'd rather have my bum on a beach in Broome
Than be stuck here in this damn room.
FollowupID: 310497

Reply By: Member - Frank - Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 20:46

Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 20:46
I actually brought the fire starter of the bloke where the panphlets were and two tonage rated shackels for my trailer, sat in the swinging chair for about 10 minuts blody good but at 145 I weaked and did not get it, drooled over the winibegos but though they might have trouble jumping the sand hills even remebered not to look at the price its nice to dream, though it was set out a little better this year but I felt there was less there do you agree, was talking to my bloke at 4 weel drive systems and he said its just to much for a stand

frankCBS
Cant Bl**dy Sitstill
AnswerID: 48679

Follow Up By: Russell [Pajero] - Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 21:04

Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 21:04
Yes your correct, just more of the same stuff, (bought the fire lighter last year). The show at West Lakes CP was more appropriate and kinder to the exhibitors I believe.

Russell
FollowupID: 310483

Reply By: Roachie - Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 21:02

Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 21:02
Went to the 12v shop.....SWMBO wanted to get me a power pack; only need it to run a versa-lite when camp fire/cooking/eating area is not near the truck or trailer. She was going to get me a Waeco-type thumper or something for $300+.
After some consideration, I saved her about $250- by suggesting we just get a little 7a/hr 12v sealed unit in a zip-up bag with a single cigi socket in a pocket at one end. It was the last one they had, so the bloke dropped the price from $69- to $55- and that included a short cord with a male cigi plug on both ends for charging up from the truck or camper battery. It should run a 11w flouro for several hours. It had been used throughout the show as their display and had a Lightforce hand held spottie plugged into it. He put the batt on the multimeter before giving it to me and it still showed 12.58v after a few days of intermittent use.
BTW...aren't those big Lightforce handheld (the 240's) bloody brilliant???
Cheers,
Roachie
AnswerID: 48683

Follow Up By: Phil G - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 08:13

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 08:13
Roachie, I've been using those 7Ah gel cells for years. Fantastic. Jaycars make a very neat bag and socket for them, and as you say, a simple lead can be used to charge them.

Mine sit on 13.2 volts when fully charged, which is greater than my car battery's 12.8. So I recharge them through a relay and 3amp self resetting circuitbreaker that only provides power when the ignition is on. Others with the same battery buy a 240v SLA charger and run it off their inverter.

I find I get a good 3 nights if not recharged, but these days, I store them in the car, on the recharging circuit.
FollowupID: 310514

Reply By: Phil G - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 08:16

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 08:16
Best thing about the Adelaide CC&OR show is that Snowys have 20% off everything in the store instead of displaying at the show. I went to the show and bought very little. Went to Snowys and bought anything else I'm likely to need until next year.
AnswerID: 48715

Sponsored Links