ebay group deal on 2.5kva lectron generator

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 30, 2014 at 23:19
ThreadID: 108956 Views:3809 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
i think this is a good deal but not very confident with buying on ebay.
has anyone bought from this seller ?
http://groupbuy.ebay.com.au/deal?itemId=291196050263

the price seems very good
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Andrew D7 - Thursday, Jul 31, 2014 at 09:30

Thursday, Jul 31, 2014 at 09:30
Buying a generator like that on eBay is like Lotto, occasionally you win, but generally you don't.
You need to look at how necessary the generator is. If it is for hobby and camping use and it doesn't start it doesn't matter. If you are at a remote camp and the power runs out and you need the generator to start or you lose your food and have a 300km+ trip to get more food or leave a location then it is a big deal it doesn't start.
The other thing you need to look at is how much use will the generator get. If the generator is for seldom to never use then it may be OK.

The other question is can you improve your power systems so you don't need a generator.
AnswerID: 536889

Follow Up By: Member - Rosss - Thursday, Jul 31, 2014 at 11:50

Thursday, Jul 31, 2014 at 11:50
Do a forum search on OUTBAX Camping, you should get all the answers you need, not necessarily about the generator.
FollowupID: 821149

Reply By: Member - Oldbaz. NSW. - Thursday, Jul 31, 2014 at 10:25

Thursday, Jul 31, 2014 at 10:25
I'm assuming you are happy with the product & the price, but reluctant to use ebay.
I have over 500 transactions with them..all purchases..& havent had one drama.
I have bought cars to to cds. You need to register a credit card & use Paypal to pay
for stuff..it is dead easy. Research your product thoroughly, google is good, check the
freight/postage is reasonable, & go for it. Try a low cost purchase to get the feel of it.
Ebay is my first search choice for most things & have never been disappointed.
The only thing to watch is the freight..sometimes can be exhorbitant.
You will read of scams re ebay & Paypal..these are not from either co but from other
sources, the usual care is needed.
cheers....oldbaz.
AnswerID: 536892

Follow Up By: aussiedingo (River Rina) - Friday, Aug 01, 2014 at 18:03

Friday, Aug 01, 2014 at 18:03
g'day again, I will second that!!! I have been on ebay for 11 years- never had a problem, using paypay comes with a $20,000 guarantee on most things, as I live in the bush it is delivered to my door! saves me a 70 klm trip to research 'n find nothing. It is a national market for buying & selling anything! I have sold a car to England - bought electronic's from everywhere Great tool !!!! hoo roo
"the only thing constant in my life is change"

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 821231

Reply By: Member - Noldi (WA) - Thursday, Jul 31, 2014 at 10:34

Thursday, Jul 31, 2014 at 10:34
As Andrew puts it, it depends on your use. I ran into a guy at Kokerbin a few years ago that had bought a GMC gennie for $149 2 years warranty from bunnings, he was on his third one (2 free replacements) when I met him and he expected never having to buy another one :-)

However, he was not running anything critical
AnswerID: 536893

Reply By: olcoolone - Thursday, Jul 31, 2014 at 12:57

Thursday, Jul 31, 2014 at 12:57
You have obvious;y gone to ebay due to the cost so it points out your money is valuable to you making it every more important not to buy rubbish.

Do you really need a generator and if you do is a cheap one really going to fill your needs...... or is it going to end up land fill.

As for the price being very good...... you mean the price is very good for a cheap and nasty generator or it's cheap compared with the other tried and proven ones on the market.

So if you have got cash to burn and throw away then give it a go..... but don't complain when it fails.

BTW this is not directed at this particular generator but some of the other cheap ones on ebay.

Another good thing is buy from a reputable dealer who sells reputable brands...... at least spare parts and after sales service will be available in the future.

These day of a disposable society people look at the short term cost saving with a "I need it now" attitude and not the bigger long term savings one may get from a quality proven product.
AnswerID: 536898

Sponsored Links