Independent Suspension Leaf/shock

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 18:53
ThreadID: 10898 Views:2102 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
Does anyone have any experience with leaf spring independent suspension, we are looking at a some camper trailers and 2 of the 3 have trailing arm independent suspension, with shockies, but with leafsprings and not coils.

I have not seen this set up before, but the manufacturers tell me this set up is the best of both world.

look forward to your replies

Mark
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lynn2 - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 22:53

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 22:53
We have independent suspension with leaf springs on an off-road Coromal Seca 505 van. No probs at all. Tows like a dream and handles corrugations and rough roads perfectly.

AnswerID: 48818

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 00:43

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 00:43
I have leaf sprung independent suspension with shocks on my Windsor Rapid. It performs really well, only problem I have is getting someone to align the thing properly.

LHS tyre is chewing up the outside. Have checked toe-in for both wheels and its parrallel, but cannot get anyone to check/adjust camber. It is fully adjustable, but no tyre dealer/truck aligner is interested in doing it. Even tried the dealer I bought from and they couldn't get some-one to help.

If anyone out there knows of some-one in Perth able to align it properly I would be grateful.

Cheers

Mark
Nissan 2003 GU 3.0TD
Windsor Rapid Offroad
AnswerID: 48832

Sponsored Links