Caravan Security inthe Kimberleys

Submitted: Monday, May 06, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1090 Views:1741 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are planning an extended trip into the Kimberleys and the Bungle Bungles. We will need to leave our off-road caravan at places and would like to know of any secure storage areas. Near the Bungle Bungles and the road to the Mitchell Plateau. Can anyone help?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RussellV - Tuesday, May 07, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, May 07, 2002 at 00:00
You could try the servo at Turkey Creek for the Bungles, Mitchell Plateau will be a challenge to find a secure storage area (remember it is a remote area), however you could try one of the local landholders.

Cheers
AnswerID: 3385

Reply By: Coops - Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00
I will be heading thru Kimberley as of 25th May and returning to Port Hedland 28th June. I can update you after that if it's not too late for you. Having been to Halls Creek previously I would advise you to forget about expecting security there. You may get away with a night or two though but personally I wouldn't risk it.
Drysdale River Station have an excellent website and you'll find info there (www.drysdaleriver.com.au) regarding leaving campers etc.
AnswerID: 3403

Reply By: Michelle - ExplorOz - Thursday, May 09, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, May 09, 2002 at 00:00
Bungles - I've seen lots of vans at the Spring Creek rest area (roadside P bay). It is 2WD accessible and is a large flat area on the banks of the normally dry creek with plenty of shady trees and picnic tables, bins, bbqs etc. It is 1km south of the Bungles turnoff. Try that if you like or the roadhouse at Turkey Creek has a van park out the back where people also leave their vans. It is a very common requirement.
Mitchell Plateau - leave it at Drysdale Station definately. The road is graded from GRR to there but not beyond.
AnswerID: 3422

Sponsored Links