finally got console fitted

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 20:46
ThreadID: 10900 Views:1630 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
well after a lot of work finally got my console fitted my advice to any one contemplating this stupidy read the instructions about 4 times before you unpack anything else but it has worked out well and you will notice i have finally updated my picture (at last )

steveheading north 2003 devils marblesin the work car
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Andrew & Jen (Melb) - Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 21:02

Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 21:02
Looks a nice Rig Steve - great new pic......... I hate bloody instructions too. Often that are written somewhere in deep dark Asia and you have to translate them into Australian rather than Chinese English......instructions are for girls anyway!! Like reading maps.....why the hell would you want to stop and read a map.
What sort of van or camper or ? is it. Was the GU a sooper dooper end of financial year special?
Andrew2001 Landcruiser 100S Turbo Diesel
"We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing"
AnswerID: 48684

Follow Up By: GOB & denny vic member - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 17:24

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 17:24
goodday andrew
was a jayco 16ft poptop offroader it left home today as we are replacing with a new van it will arrive in about 3 months swmbo had a bit of a sook today as it has been a reasonable van but would not get another jayco jmo we are getting a paramount with shower toilet etc and a highlift for rough roads but not offroad

FollowupID: 310565

Follow Up By: GOB & denny vic member - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 17:39

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 17:39
sorry andrew
car is last years .4.2 td st its also my work car takes about 1/2 hr to unload when we go away picked car up 30/6 but it came with driving lights bullbar and there other "giveaways" have roof rack on top for ladders etc put $10 shooroo whistles on bull bar seemed to work while away last year dual battery and now the console hopefully hf radio before we go away in august and maybe a long range tank but depends on $$$$$ and swmbo

FollowupID: 310569

Reply By: Roachie - Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 21:39

Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 21:39
Steve,
So what was it like getting cables etc from the console, down the "A" pillar etc?
I put a overhead across the windscreen type in my GQ about 10 years ago and it was a bloody nightmare trying to get the cables (which you couldn't see) to go down the inside of the pillar. Do they go down just behind the plastic trim? Even that trim down the "A" pillar is bloody hard to get off on the GU.
Did you come across any tricks you could let us all in on; please...
Cheers,
Roachie
AnswerID: 48688

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 21:55

Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 21:55
Funny you should ask.

Did mates GU yesterday, and my GQ with the new GME unit.

The GU is all unclip stuff, talk about a DREAM, the GQ has that white glue that nothing will clean off and sticks everywhere.. GU takes 1/2 the time/.
FollowupID: 310489

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 22:13

Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 22:13
They're easy to get off on a GU, just unscrew the hand holds, pull the trim off from around the door and stick ya fingers in the holes left when you remove the hands hold and pull...and VIOLA off they come. I used a bit of Blue-tack to hold the wires in place when I put the thing back to make it easier. Hav ehad mine off a lot to fit hands free and temp guage and replacement temp guage so if I can do it anyone can!Life ISN'T like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of jalapenos.
What you do today, might burn your bum tomorrow."
FollowupID: 310493

Follow Up By: GOB & denny vic member - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 17:31

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 17:31
goodday roachie
as above its easy once you no i tried to get cable up centre passenger as well but gave it away and just bought everything up front pillar couple of screw holes didnt line up but when finished it looks ok but as i said check the destructions 4 times before going ahead i used a yellow tongue to get thru roof and down part of pillar it helped

FollowupID: 310567

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)