burnt out light globe on van

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 13, 2014 at 17:34
ThreadID: 109126 Views:2022 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all.

Can somebody tell me how to change the outside globe on a Supreme pop up van, I cant take the casing of from the outside, and it is all paneled on the inside, so how do I access it??

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Rob.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Aug 13, 2014 at 18:15

Wednesday, Aug 13, 2014 at 18:15
Rob,

First of all, you need about 5 mates because that's what it takes to change a light bulb:-)

OK, although I don't own a Supreme van, it stands to reason that if it is all paneled on the inside, the light lens on the outside must be removable.
Try a pocket knife blade or small screwdriver and gently lever the lens outwards to see if it is retained by spring clips.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 537625

Reply By: Member - Scrubby (VIC) - Wednesday, Aug 13, 2014 at 18:25

Wednesday, Aug 13, 2014 at 18:25
G`day Rob,
If are you talking about the round light on the outside wall you carefully undo the "plastic knob" in the middle of the glass and remove the glass, (don`t drop it), sometimes a bit tight if it hasn`t been undone for a while.
If you mean the light that is part of the handle just left of the door, (this is the find your way home light if you go out at night ) you press downwards on the top of the plastic lens enough to release two small retaining lugs, you may have to press the sides as well.

If you still have trouble lets know and I will have another look at mine.

Scrubby.
AnswerID: 537626

Reply By: Slow one - Wednesday, Aug 13, 2014 at 19:28

Wednesday, Aug 13, 2014 at 19:28
It is probably a Bargman entry light. Have a look on the net for a replacement lens for these and you will see the lens clips that retain it. If it is a Bargman you have to be forceful to remove the lens by lifting the lens to release the lens clips.

AnswerID: 537627

Reply By: olcoolone - Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 13:05

Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 13:05
Maybe phoning Supreme caravans might be a good option and ask them how to do it...... they make them so I would expect them to know.

Here is their phone number.....1800 201 980
AnswerID: 537649

Reply By: Mikee5 - Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 13:17

Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 13:17
A picture of the light would help. Supreme do not make their own lights, like all caravan makers they use proprietry lights from various makers/suppliers such as Camec. The exterior light on my Royal Flair is held on my two screws and silicone, undo these and access the back of the light, there are 7, yes 7 small screws holding the lens on from the back, remove these and there is the globe. The most stupid design I have ever seen, but commonly fitted.
AnswerID: 537651

Reply By: Member - escapesilv - Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 16:15

Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 16:15
Thanks to all that answered, I managed to fix it by removing the white cover and with a small screw driver I removed the light that was only stuck on with silicone, so all done, and thanks to all again.

Cheers

Robert
AnswerID: 537655

Sponsored Links