UV 4x4 Enogerra

Submitted: Friday, Aug 15, 2014 at 16:21
ThreadID: 109147 Views:2595 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all. A suggestion regarding this business. If you have any work done to your vehicle by them, make sure you check it very very closely before you pay the money.

I had a Aux battery system installed, including a Redarc BCDC + 2 x 110ah AGM batteries. I was having issues with it not charging. I purposely did not touch it because i didn't want to unwittingly void any sort of warranty.

I took it back. They told me they tested everything but could not find any problems. They said that it must be the BCDC so they replaced it.
Still had problems. Took it back again. They said they tested it all again but found no issues. Not their problem. Basically said go away.
I contacted Redarc. Stuart from Redarc came & checked over the system.
He found that EVERY connection was loose. All fuse connections. All battery connections. Even one of the crimpings was loose. Everything was loose to the point of the connections losing contact.
The actual battery holder was also loose. Stuart fixed it all for me at no charge.

UV4x4 also fitted a power outlet under the passenger seat. On inspection I found that they have drilled a total of 4 holes in the floor of the vehicle & only used 2. Leaving the 2 unused holes open to allow water into the cab.
This also is now a place where rust can start.

I have approached them face to face at the shop about the issues & I have also written 3 emails to the business. The face to face got me no where & the emails have been ignored.
I will not be returning to, nor recommending this business.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member-George (WA) - Friday, Aug 15, 2014 at 16:49

Friday, Aug 15, 2014 at 16:49
Where are they located ?
AnswerID: 537720

Follow Up By: Member - Michael P (QLD) - Friday, Aug 15, 2014 at 17:00

Friday, Aug 15, 2014 at 17:00
Enoggera is a suburb of Brisbane,(Qld.)
FollowupID: 821946

Reply By: Bludge - Friday, Aug 15, 2014 at 16:59

Friday, Aug 15, 2014 at 16:59
That is nor good news Lou.it could have caused an electrical fire and/or computer damage.
Redarc do support their product well, that would have been Stuart Peddle from Redarc, he is an excellent technician/salesman , I have had dealings with Stuart in the past in Sydney and bumped into him once up here in Cairns.
AnswerID: 537721

Follow Up By: Bludge - Friday, Aug 15, 2014 at 17:07

Friday, Aug 15, 2014 at 17:07
Lou,

I just had a quick look at UV 4x4 and I would suggest that as they are an ARB stockist that ARB might like to hear about this and possibly may interact with UV 4x4, I would reference Stuart from Redarc , Redarc is a supplier to ARB and most people would know of Stuart.
FollowupID: 821947

Follow Up By: Louwai - Saturday, Aug 16, 2014 at 14:41

Saturday, Aug 16, 2014 at 14:41
Yes Bludge, It was Stuart Peddle. He is an extremely helpful person. An asset to his company.
He spent several hours going over my vehicle fixing everything for me. I have also exchanged many emails with Stuart while trying to design a power system for my vehicle & trailer combined.

Again, he was extremely helpful.
FollowupID: 821998

Reply By: wholehog- Friday, Aug 15, 2014 at 19:36

Friday, Aug 15, 2014 at 19:36
Another example of shoddy work by 4wd retailer workshops.
I dont trust them...ARB..TJM..and any other. Seen to much crap come out and need fixing properly.

Ever had a look in their workshops and staff..?
What do you reckon the qualified tradie to kiddy worker ratio is..?
AnswerID: 537727

Follow Up By: Louwai - Saturday, Aug 16, 2014 at 14:50

Saturday, Aug 16, 2014 at 14:50
I agree. While checking over all of the work that UV 4x4 did on my vehicle, I found chewing gum jammed into areas in & under the vehicle in different locations.
Adding to that, the the shoddy workmanship, it's clear the installers have absolutely no respect for the customers.
I wonder if they'll ever figure out that ultimately we are the ones who pay their wages.
FollowupID: 821999

Reply By: big leonski - Saturday, Aug 16, 2014 at 15:27

Saturday, Aug 16, 2014 at 15:27
Based on my experience with these guys, I have no doubt the original poster is 100% correct. Best avoided.
AnswerID: 537767

Sponsored Links