Fridges

Submitted: Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 18:08
ThreadID: 10918 Views:1833 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Have seen the fridgeshop mentioned several times on this forum..What's the go ?
Do they sell damaged stock or just have a good range of fridges...Where are they situated ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Geoff & Karen - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 18:33

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 18:33
hi Mark
We have just got our FF110 fridge freezer and thumper batterey pack from them and are very happy with it. Ours was an ex display stock fridge, so it has a slight mark on the front of it, but we also got $459 of the new price too! They sell ex demo's, warranty jobs and shop soiled stock. They have brand new stock as well. They had a big 50% off sale in February so everyone seemed to go mad on buying up big. They are up in Brisbane. I have read some people on here got their deliveries and weren't happy with the condition, but I think you can send them back. Delivery is only $9.90 and ours is huge.
Karen
They have a website too:
www.fridgeshop.com.auKind Regards
Karen & Geoff
(Happy holidaying)
AnswerID: 48775

Follow Up By: ThePublican - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 19:22

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 19:22
Actually on the gold coast at west burliegh.
FollowupID: 310586

Follow Up By: Member - Geoff & Karen - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 19:31

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 19:31
I couldn't exactly remember where they were, but there is always someone on this forum who will correct you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Kind Regards
Karen & Geoff
(Happy holidaying)
FollowupID: 310587

Reply By: Moneypit - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 19:24

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 19:24
Mark,

I got an FF70 from Fridgeshop recently. It is a factory second and had some marks on it that cleaned up pretty well. Bit like when you paint the house and make a boo boo. The only person who'll know the mark is there is the painter [in this case the owner of the fridge]

Mine also had a twisted lid and the claws that hold the lid down were broken off. I have had no arguments about it from the Fridge Shop people and a new frdige lid will be sent out to my nearest Waeco warranty place and fitted at no expense to me.

In buying them it is stated that they will be shop soiled and aesthetically less than perfect but they are guaranteed to do the job they are designed for [freezing/fridging food effectively]. Hence the replacement of the lid as it does not seal properly and could not do the job "right"

At the price I paid [less than 1/2 the new price] I'm happy.

Provided the lid shows up [and I'm sure it will] I would have no problems in recommending the place.

Dave B
AnswerID: 48779

Reply By: Rowler - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 22:14

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 22:14
Hey, I too bought a ff90 fridge from them in february, my wife rang & asked what the go was with the half price thing & was told that they were old stock.... but not used units!
When we got ours it was very 2nd hand indeed, I knew that they sold reconditioned units & the like & were ready to give it a good clean when I noticed the large crack inside which had been smeared with silicone in an attempt to fix it.
It was returned a few days later.
I rang brisbane 7 times before my call was finally connected to Bobby the shop manager.
Our second fridge is at the transport depot & I will pick it up tommorow, fingers crossed.
I was dissapointed that we had rung & not been told the truth, I still want the fridge but it has to do the job. All I am saying is don't believe everything someone says to you if you are 3 states away.
Ring personally, confirm the details & get it in writing!

Cheers Rowler (dave)
AnswerID: 48805

Follow Up By: Rowler - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 11:19

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 11:19
I picked up the 2nd ff90 fridge today & it is much better than the first one.
The first fridge had a yellow dot stuck on it which I believe is their grading system ( yellow = piece of crap ) the second fridge has a blue dot & has a scratch on it. I don't think that it has been used.....
Blue is obviously better.

Cheers Rowler (dave)
FollowupID: 310664

Sponsored Links