Lake Callide near Biloela: Camping and Redclaw

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 28, 2014 at 13:34
ThreadID: 109303 Views:3455 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
I have been planning a trip to Awoonga Dam but info so far suggests the redclaw are scarce there. Lake Callide near Biloela has been suggested as a good redclawing location. My problem is with camping in this area. I have a small van and am self sufficient. It appears to me that camping is only available in Biloela at caravan parks, and not at lake Callide itself. Any info on where to camp would be appreciated.

I have had the option to stay in Biloela at caravan parks before and decided to travel on to Moura after seeing the condition of the Biloela Caravan parks. From what I have read online it appears the parks have not improved, so am not keen to spend my money there.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Kevin
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tony F8 - Thursday, Aug 28, 2014 at 19:04

Thursday, Aug 28, 2014 at 19:04
I do know of an area not to far from Bilo, that may suit your needs, not to sure about the redclaw, but a wonderful spot for the self sufficient, on a lovely lake, only problem is if I put it on here, It wont be that unknown anymore.
If you can give me your email addy and I will tell you.
Cheers.
Tony F8.
AnswerID: 538275

Follow Up By: kcandco - Thursday, Aug 28, 2014 at 21:44

Thursday, Aug 28, 2014 at 21:44
Thanks Tony

my email is kcandco@mail.com

Cheers Kevin
FollowupID: 822696

Reply By: Tony F8 - Thursday, Aug 28, 2014 at 19:58

Thursday, Aug 28, 2014 at 19:58
I do know of an area not to far from Bilo, that may suit your needs, not to sure about the redclaw, but a wonderful spot for the self sufficient, on a lovely lake, only problem is if I put it on here, It wont be that unknown anymore.
If you can give me your email addy and I will tell you.
Cheers.
Tony F8.
AnswerID: 538280

Sponsored Links