CT fridge box with spare on top

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 03, 2014 at 08:22
ThreadID: 109383 Views:1970 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all
Camper trailer question. Has anyone got an off-road camper where they have a front fridge box with a spare wheel attached to the top of it - especially one that is after market/custom made. I have an older TVan and am a bit interested in exploring this avenue. Track makes one but my fridge (50L Waeco) may not fit so I would just like to see if it's been done before. I imagine it would have to be a pretty robust box to carry the spare and put up with some very rough conditions.
cheers
Kevin
Suitcase
Prado SX and a little van

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Jackolux - Wednesday, Sep 03, 2014 at 12:56

Wednesday, Sep 03, 2014 at 12:56
The Track Box is very well made , I have one on my 2006 Tvan , the spare wheel is not on top of the Fridge Box its on the other side ,

I would think a loaded 50lt fridge and a spare wheel on the same side would be a lot of weight on that side , if you had to make the box even stronger to take the wheel that's even more weight add to the draw bar and ball weight .

Jacko
AnswerID: 538560

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Wednesday, Sep 03, 2014 at 13:27

Wednesday, Sep 03, 2014 at 13:27
Kevin,

Seem to recall that EO member Kanga1 did some mods on the "A" frame of his TVan. Don't remember all the mods involved, but think he fitted a different(bigger) box and may have repositioned the spare.

Maybe you could send him an MM?

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 538561

Sponsored Links