They are at it again

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 17:44
ThreadID: 10941 Views:1406 Replies:6 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
From another forum...

...small article in the Courier Mail(one paragraph) saying that the QLD is looking at a way to may owning a 4WD more expensive to discourage people from buying them

The Tpt Dept saying that the number of family 4WDs, utes, vans and other commercial vehicles on the roads will see an increase in the death rate
in crashes, especially to those in small cars

bleep wits are at it again
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stonebreaker - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 17:53

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 17:53
...especially to those in small cars ...

Maybe that's why i like to drive a big 4WD !
AnswerID: 48900

Reply By: Mad Dog Morgan (Geelong) - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 18:19

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 18:19
Why don't they make those small cars more expensive, usually driven by young girls out to prove they've got bigger balls than me. BEAM ME UP SCOTTY

Hooroo
Ray
AnswerID: 48906

Follow Up By: GOB & denny vic member - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 18:38

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 18:38
from what i have seen of these "young ladies " i reckon they might have
steveheading north 2003 devils marblesin the work car
FollowupID: 310736

Follow Up By: sean - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 18:42

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 18:42
I read on another forum that Vic is proposed blanket 50kh/h in all areas unless sign posted otherwise. Its all public land and not just gazetted roads.

This means that any dirt road, bush track, plains areas or beach will be 50 max. That might help a few fourby owners to lose a few more points.

I am not sure why they have the points system. They can get far more revenue by keeping people on the road.

Sean

FollowupID: 310738

Follow Up By: Mad Dog Morgan (Geelong) - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 19:14

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 19:14
I can't understand the need for laws that can't be enforced. I've never seen a camera car in my little street where children play ball and the hoons roar around the corner and boot it. I complain and the authorities say tough luck. A camera car on a bush track...I'd like to see that! BEAM ME UP SCOTTY

Hooroo
Ray
FollowupID: 310740

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 21:57

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 21:57
Ray, in all honesty, I think theres more chance of gettin one in the bush than your or my street.. bleep there was a booze bus on the way from Jamieson to Mansfield one night.. only stopped the 4wds I was with, he even stated was only checking 4bs
FollowupID: 310765

Reply By: Kev - (Cairns,QLD) - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 20:48

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 20:48
This article wasn't written by Paul Keating was it ???
AnswerID: 48930

Reply By: sean - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 22:52

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 22:52
Lets suppose that Bracks is trying to cater to the greens. The ironbox forest issues, otways and management of Vics parks dont seem to cater for the average users needs. Look at the conflicts that have been created between loggers and all other user groups.

Go to QLD and see where you are banned from state forests areas and in also the areas that you are not allowed a dog. Doesnt seem so unreasonable until you see that on the other side of the fence there is cattle grazing and land clearing and dam building.

In one simple swoop they will be able to effectively ban dirt bike riding. One down. Thats leaves horse riders, fourby drivers, family picnicers and prospectors to go. And it will be harder for these people to effectively travel. Its slowly happening. I can understand the intolerance of the groups on the other side of the fence becuase there is plenty of it on this side of the fence too. But none of it can be justified.

Sean
AnswerID: 48951

Reply By: Robert - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2004 at 09:10

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2004 at 09:10
I think what’s really so wrong about all this is:

In the past, the majority of cars were all large, and if you go back far enough once upon a time cars were even built like 4x4’s ie. Built on a separate chassis and solid.

It’s only in recent times that there has been a trend towards smaller and smaller (toy) cars.
People have bought these small dangerous cars, because they are cheap to buy and cheaper in fuel costs.

And because they have sacrificed their own safety, they now arrogantly expect everyone else to do the same.

The joke is that they whinge about large vehicles putting them in danger, but yet are quite happy to take passengers in their dangerous cars and put their lives at risk!

And to top it off the Government, who is responsible for letting car manufactures sell these dangerous toy cars, has the audacity to blame large vehicles!
AnswerID: 48979

Reply By: Member - The ghost - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2004 at 16:05

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2004 at 16:05
It would be interesting to see what the result of the big scary 4wd scenario would be if these so called plastic toy 4by's and all the shiny toorak tractors that block all roads around my place twice a day taking the kiddies to school were sold without front diffs and tranny cases. Would they be monster trucks or cars certainly not 4wd's. In the eyes of beauracrats if you can't eyeball the sedan next to you then you shouldn't be on the road, what happened to freedom of choice? The Ghost
AnswerID: 49021

Sponsored Links