house sit

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 07, 2014 at 20:12
ThreadID: 109429 Views:2285 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
am going travelling for a few days,will need somebody to stay under the same roof with my wife in case she needs medical attention,eg give pills etc,what would be a fair price for an overnight stay?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rova - Sunday, Sep 07, 2014 at 20:36

Sunday, Sep 07, 2014 at 20:36
This would depend on the expertise that your wife may need. Eg nursing, showering or if it is just a sleepover and assist with medication. The going rate for home care is about $23 per hour. Many get more for a sleep over as this requires time out of their own home. Only you can decide what you are prepared to pay.
AnswerID: 538753

Reply By: The Bantam - Sunday, Sep 07, 2014 at 22:10

Sunday, Sep 07, 2014 at 22:10
there are properly trained and screened people and agencies that do this sort of stuff every day.

It's called respite care.

I know a couple of people who do or have done this stuff.

Not sure how to contact these people...but knowing they exist is a starting point.

Start by asking you doctor, social worker, at social security, or the caring charities like blue nurses..thay may be able to point you somewhere.

depending on your situation you may be eledgable for financial assistance.

AnswerID: 538761

Follow Up By: Member - John and Val - Monday, Sep 08, 2014 at 10:26

Monday, Sep 08, 2014 at 10:26
Here is a starting point


Hope you can find a suitable arrangement,

J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 823357

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)