Comment: 100k West Coast WA Digital Map DVD

Can someone please clarify........
Can I use these maps with my ozi explorer program?
TIA
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Monday, Sep 08, 2014 at 15:18

Monday, Sep 08, 2014 at 15:18
Hi

Yes, the maps are supplied in ecw and ozf format. Ozf is Oziexplorer's own proprietary format and will work on PC, CE (e.g. Hema navigator) and Android devices running OziExplorer. ECW format can also be used in OziExplorer and a range of other programs such as Trackranger, TwoNav and higher end GIS programs such as ArcView, GlobalMapper and MapInfo.

A mosaic is also provided of all west coast map tiles together as one ECW (high resolution) plus a low resolution mosaic of all of WA at 100K (where map tiles available). Also included is 250K topo of all of Australia (ECW format). These larger mosacis maybe a bit sluggish on CE and Android devices running OziExplorer but should be OK..

Please note that this product is now supplied on 8 GB USB not DVD.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 538790

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Monday, Sep 08, 2014 at 15:30

Monday, Sep 08, 2014 at 15:30
PS - Please note the maps used for this product were originally published a decade or two ago and have not been updated so some newer roads will not be shown..and some older ones may no longer exist. Don't purchase these maps if having an up to date road map is your one and only requirement.

There is a new 25K map set (dated 2013) of the lower southwest WA available ..will be listed in shop soon. It has all the streets and roads and many tracks (including walk/bike tracks - Bubbulmun, Cape to Cape and Munda Biddi) from Lancelin to just west of Hopetoun.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 823368

Reply By: mrlocks - Monday, Sep 08, 2014 at 16:53

Monday, Sep 08, 2014 at 16:53
Thanks, that's all really good info :)
AnswerID: 538797

Reply By: Von Helga - Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:49

Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:49
mrlocks,

If your Ozi program is for vehicle nav and the odd footnav may I suggest the 1:100 maps are more than adequate for your use.

Cheers
AnswerID: 538896

Follow Up By: mrlocks - Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:57

Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:57
I am using Ozi program on my laptop, with the mouse GPS and moving maps, which is a bit cumbersome to use while driving, unless I am by myself and then I put it on the passenger seat.
I have just purchased the Hema maps App for iPad, iPhone which I am hoping will be better for driving. I have had a play with the App at home to get familiarized but not done any actual trips yet.
Maps seem to be the same ones I have in my Hema Rasta collection.
I have not worked out how to save maps for offline use as yet.
FollowupID: 823461

Sponsored Links