Back Door Problem

Submitted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1095 Views:1735 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Help! Does anyone have a failsafe method Mal Try can use when driving his 60 series LandCruiser to ensure that the top of his back door is closed prior to leaving Noccundra - thus saving him a 180 klms round trip to collect all his luggage and gear (the crows got the bread and eggs) whilst on his way to Birdsville. There was so much gear in the car it took him 90 klms for the dust to come through the back of the vehcile and start to smother him. Help!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: alreadytaken69 - Tuesday, May 07, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, May 07, 2002 at 00:00
....LOL.....see your gp asap.
AnswerID: 3400

Follow Up By: Ruth - Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks for your reply - I am blond and maybe ditzy sometimes - but i didna understand your reply. Thanks anyway.
FollowupID: 1387

Reply By: Mike - Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00

Ruth, I think you found the answer yourself! I bet Mal never takes off again without double checking the back doors. Happy trails, Mike.
PS See you and the Indians in July.
AnswerID: 3408

Follow Up By: Ruth - Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00

Hey Mike, I knew you'd reply tonight, also expecting to hear from Pen with some brilliant assistance.
The Indians are going to find it tough going when you see them in July - so dry that most of the cattle have been trucked out and there hasn't been a buffalo for years in that country.
Thanks for your reply - Mal will be very worried - because I could get to the Forum before he could get back to Brisbane. I really think we should go all out to assist him. But your right, I bet he never leaves town without checking - as he left Birdsville I walked around the back and checked for him, gave the door a couple of hard belts and told him to leave town - he wasn't very grateful and asked me what part of "get stuffed" I didn't understand. Some friend!! They were very lucky to find all their gear - some of it made its way back to the Noccumdra Pub.
See you in July, Mike. Safe travelling.
FollowupID: 1388

Reply By: Mal Try - Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks Ruth.

Mal.
AnswerID: 3529

Follow Up By: Ditzy - Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 00:00
Sorry, Mal, the devil made me do it. You are now famous - people up and down the track are talking about you, and that was before I posted this! Glad you made it home safely - hello to Lyn.
FollowupID: 1429

Reply By: Mal Try - Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 00:00
In reply to "ditzy" Ruth I would like to thank the honest people of the outback who helped us recover our gear. I can assure all that the bush telegraph is working at warp speed out there. And a little bit about Ruth - She is a rather attractive buxom blonde with a ready smile and a wicked sense of humour. She runs a great caravan park with clean and adequate facilities. Her method of arbitration if visitors aren't getting on is to chuck both out. Don't look for plugs in the bathrooms or laundry because she has hidden them. The food and coffee in her little cafe is fabulous and very reasonably priced. I can recommend a visit. P.S. Around Birdsville she is known and openly referred to as"the wicked witch of the west". I wonder why. Find out. Go and meet her. Mal Try.
AnswerID: 3558

Follow Up By: Ditzy - Monday, May 20, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, May 20, 2002 at 00:00
Oh Mal, in the words of the late great Jimmy Cagney - "You dirty rat!!"
Thanks for the great write up. Still a shame about the tortoise though.
FollowupID: 1532

Sponsored Links