2 in one Cranking + Deep Cycle

Submitted: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1096 Views:1895 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had any experience with the all in one Cranking and Deep Cycle batteries. I am struggling to find space in the engine bay of my 2.8 Diesel Hilux for a deep cycle battery. Have had suggestions of shifting the washer bottle etc, but from what I can see, the main problem will be height restriction caused by the height of the wheel well. I am not too keen on having the 2nd battery in the tray. Even the Optima batteries look to be too big for the space.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nigel - Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00
The only real cranking batteries with cranking abilities are the spiral type batteries (optima, etc). Century has the Marine Pro range which have more cyclic ability than an average cranking battery, but they aren't a true deep cycle. There are also the switch batteries which are 2 batteries in one case (you can jump start by using a switch on the case), but they are expensive and don't appear to have any deep cycle ability.
AnswerID: 3410

Reply By: Graham - Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00
Remember the optima deep cycle can be mounted any where in the vehicle, even sideways if needed...etc.....Have seen them mounted in rear luggage area of Pathfinders, or behind seat in king/extra cab utes...
I'm having an optima deep cycle fitted to my caravan as it will also fit the Pathfinder if needed...(and can be carried in luggage area as a spare when doing trips like simpson etc..)

cya Graham
AnswerID: 3412

Follow Up By: Nigel - Thursday, May 09, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, May 09, 2002 at 00:00
I believe optima now recommend that the battery be ventilated while being charged.
FollowupID: 1392

Sponsored Links