The horse shoes come home

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 28, 2014 at 19:16
ThreadID: 109649 Views:1628 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Evening all,
The first day of the 2014 gathering at Trilby Station on the Darling River
near Louth is drawing to a close. The day 1 raffles have been drawn and the lucky prize winners have returned to their camps to prepare dinner.
I managed to get a few folks to part with a few gold coins to partake in the game of horse shoes.
Speaking of horse shoes, let me tell you a story of my horse shoes , last seem by me leaving Tamworth headed for the gathering at Silverton some years ago.
The horse shoes ended up after that gathering with Dave B from Broken Hill and then to Adelaide when Dave and Nora moved there to retire.
I had decided early on the piece that I was coming to this Trilby gathering but "how do I get the horse shoes from Adelaide to Trilby."
Enter MUZBRY. From Melbourse! Muzbry came to this gathering via Adelaide and the Simpson and God bless him, he collected the shoes from Dave and so these horse shoes are now at another gathering helping to raise $$ for the RFDS Clinic at Louth.
So a big THANK YOU to Dave for looking after the shoes for so long and a HUGE THANK YOU to Muzbry for collecting the shoes and bringing them home to me.
Maybe more words tomorrow evening.

Cheers
John T (Lifetime Member)
VKS-737 Mobile 2619
Selcall 2619
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours" - Richard Bach in "Illusions"

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Monday, Sep 29, 2014 at 06:33

Monday, Sep 29, 2014 at 06:33
Hi John T,

We are loving staying on Trilby and meeting people that we have only known as names online until now. The weather is perfect and the sites are so well spaced alongside the river, with fireplace, and wood unexpectedly delivered by Sir Kev.

It's our first attendance at a Gathering and already we are so glad we came.

If the horseshoes are 'happening' this afternoon then we will play once we are given instructions! We are always happy to donate to the RFDS!

greetings from Toorale site here at Trilby Station.

Heather (and John)
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 539667

Follow Up By: Member - John T (Tamworth NSW) - Monday, Sep 29, 2014 at 07:04

Monday, Sep 29, 2014 at 07:04
Good morning Heather and all
Yes the horse shoes will be out again today - up near the woodshed - later in the day so bring your $$ and a cool drink (forecast for today is 34 degrees) and after today's $1.00 raffles we'll raise a few $$.

Cheers
John T (Lifetime Member)
VKS-737 Mobile 2619
Selcall 2619
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours" - Richard Bach in "Illusions"

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 824307

Reply By: Member - bbuzz (NSW) - Monday, Sep 29, 2014 at 17:42

Monday, Sep 29, 2014 at 17:42
John T,
If the Trilby helicopter is around, would someone get an aerial photo of the station with all the camps so we can see the impact the gathering is having.
I was up there earlier this year and I am intrigued to find out how they catered for all the visitors.

bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 539694

Sponsored Links