Waceo CF40 stopped working on normal fuse but works ok on overide fuse

Submitted: Friday, Oct 03, 2014 at 12:56
ThreadID: 109700 Views:1791 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all,
my Waceo CF40 stopped working on normal fuse but works ok on overide fuse, where do I find the fuse? - I have the cover off but can't seem to see it anywhere, is the fuse easy replaced? is it a special type of fuse? as I live in the bush I am hoping it will be an easy fix. thanks in advance for any suggestions, dingo
"the only thing constant in my life is change"

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian, SA - Friday, Oct 03, 2014 at 14:41

Friday, Oct 03, 2014 at 14:41
Far as I know, the over-ride switch is used to make the compressor run continually, when the thermostat controlled 'normal' operation of the fridge is malfunctioning; that over-ride is there to save your food (switching off and on manually will be necessary of course). You may not have a fuse issue as such; more like a control system issue. Error flashes might give you the clue. Check out the FAQ's on the Waeco site.
AnswerID: 539867

Follow Up By: DmaxQld - Friday, Oct 03, 2014 at 16:12

Friday, Oct 03, 2014 at 16:12
My understanding is the Waecos have a low voltage sensor which switches off the compressor when your battery gets too low, not sure of the exact voltage. This is to stop damage to your battery by draining it too much. I believe you can vary the cut out voltage on some models. The override switch allows you to keep the fridge running even though it will continue to drain your battery and perhaps damage it. By using the override switch you have made a conscious decision that the food in your fridge is more important than your battery.

Have you put a multimeter on your battery to check the voltage or have a volt meter or battery monitor?
FollowupID: 825499

Follow Up By: aussiedingo (River Rina) - Sunday, Oct 05, 2014 at 11:39

Sunday, Oct 05, 2014 at 11:39
Thanks for your reply - I am only using 240v at the moment
"the only thing constant in my life is change"

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 825612

Reply By: Ross M - Saturday, Oct 04, 2014 at 07:22

Saturday, Oct 04, 2014 at 07:22
Some wacko's have the normal power through the thermostat, As mentioned. In mine the thermostat switches on a relay to operate the firdge as per normal. If the relay contacts are damaged ie burn contacts it may not run on the normal thermostat setting.
Also, depending on model/variant, some cirit board soldering can become fractured and that too will stop the flow through the normal thermostat circuitry but may leave the emergency/manual switch side operating.

Worth a check if relay is closing and contacting, if possible, and do a visual on the circuit board to see if solder of heavy flow paths is all correct and soundly soldered.
AnswerID: 539888

Sponsored Links