Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 07, 2014 at 13:44
ThreadID: 109742 Views:1771 Replies:3 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Dates: 06/07/2015 to 10/07/2015
Name: NT - National Gathering 2015, Ross River Resort NT
Description:
View or register for this Trip/Gathering
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Robin Miller - Wednesday, Oct 08, 2014 at 08:00

Wednesday, Oct 08, 2014 at 08:00
Hi Kev

Good choice - everybody can get to drive the unlimited speed section of NT road if they choose to go there via Arltunga tourist drive (dirt) rather than the Ross highway (almost all bitumen).

Having just come from there its worth noting that the shortcut into it from Plenty highway to Claravale has been closed.

I can recomend Ruby gap as a stopover , its an hour of winding dirt followed by a short but delightful and definately 4wd last few km into the gorge.

Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 540069

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Wednesday, Oct 08, 2014 at 08:40

Wednesday, Oct 08, 2014 at 08:40
Bugger,
I was hoping to use the short cut.
Hope to see a few of the members who went to their 1st Gathering this year to come along to this one as well :)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 825790

Follow Up By: Member - Kevin S (QLD) - Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 22:21

Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 22:21
You'll still get through Kev. There is an alternative road. There were signs about the closed road when we were at Arltunga in June but the sign gave the alternative route. And I thought that Ruby Gap would be a good day trip from Ross River.
Cheers
Kevin
Kevin
It is important to always maintain a sense of proportion

2019 Mitsubishi Cross

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 825915

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Oct 12, 2014 at 11:38

Sunday, Oct 12, 2014 at 11:38
Thanks for the info Kevin :)

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 826033

Reply By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Wednesday, Oct 08, 2014 at 17:45

Wednesday, Oct 08, 2014 at 17:45
Great choice for a location and so much to do in the surrounding area, Kev. We have visited the East Macdonnell ranges a couple of times and love it.

We would love to be there but intend traveling to WA next year so...until we decide on our route and timeframe will have to keep on the 'maybe' list and make a note of the dates. Not sure how July will fit..

regards,
Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 540097

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 15:51

Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 15:51
Heather,

If you don't attend who will take all the photos?? hehehe

Tell John that there is no fish in WA and Ross River has plenty and I am sure he will willingly miss going to WA LOL

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 825891

Follow Up By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 20:45

Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 20:45
Kev,

Yep, didn't think about that, although I didn't set out to be the photographer! Such an important job eh??! A camera is just something I always carry..

I will start working on (or thinking about) a journey which takes us to both the gathering and WA, just not sure on how yet!
We have talked about taking the Great Central Road so it could be the perfect opportunity to do that, for starters.

Not sure about fishing in Ross river...will probably be dry or pools in July I think!
regards,

Heather

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 825906

Follow Up By: Member - Kevin S (QLD) - Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 22:25

Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 22:25
Pools are good Heather. There is less water among the fish.
Cheers
Kevin
Kevin
It is important to always maintain a sense of proportion

2019 Mitsubishi Cross

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 825916

Reply By: Member - John T (Tamworth NSW) - Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 14:15

Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 14:15
G'day Kev,

Much as we would love to visit that beautiful part of NT again we have a full visitors calendar for much of next year. I will be retiring next year with my last day at work probably 10th July.

I have also put my name down to do the "Westpac Rescue Drovers Run" next August- so lots of $$ needed if that goes ahead.

I trust that lots of EO folk get behind the 2015 gathering and that it is as big a success as the Trilby Station event.

You can put us down for a few $$ worth of raffle tickets

Cheers
John T (Lifetime Member)
VKS-737 Mobile 2619
Selcall 2619
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours" - Richard Bach in "Illusions"

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 540133

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 15:49

Thursday, Oct 09, 2014 at 15:49
Mmmmmmmmmmmm
Send me some details on the Westpac Rescue Drovers Run as I may know an organisation which may want to participate :)

Also with you retiring that will mean more time for you to help in the future in planning and running some Gatherings hehehe

Was good to catch up again in Trilby this year, we made it home Saturday after a straight through run.

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 825890

Sponsored Links