NSW North Coast

Submitted: Friday, Oct 10, 2014 at 22:48
ThreadID: 109773 Views:1503 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Forumites,
Looking to take a short break starting next week. Somewhere between Tweed Heads and Ballina (or thereabouts). Can anyone suggest a peaceful caravan park or free camp spot near a river or beach?. Not interested in big holiday type parks...just somewhere where there is good fishing from shore. Have looked in Camps 7 but does not appear to be much on the coast in that area. Any suggestions. Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member. Rob M (QLD) - Friday, Oct 10, 2014 at 23:17

Friday, Oct 10, 2014 at 23:17
Try Pottsville South caravan park.
Old style park, right on the creek, five minute walk to the surf beach.
Nice relaxing spot. Not free but not too expensive.
Rob M

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 540202

Reply By: Member - Mark (Tamworth NSW) - Saturday, Oct 11, 2014 at 09:52

Saturday, Oct 11, 2014 at 09:52
Anywhere there!
Broken Head CP, tucked into a littoral rainforest gully, 50m behind the sand dunes at the southern end of Tallows beach, about 7km from Byron, (but you wouldn't know it if you didn't venture there). Pretty basic CP
Lennox Head CP on Lake Ainsworth, right on the beach. Always see lots of beach fishermen there fishing the gutters (but I never see them catching much). Some locals go rock fishing at the southern end of Lennox and off a couple of places off the southern side of the headland. At Lennox you can wander down the street to get the paper and a feed (good restaurants as well as take aways), at Broken Head you have to drive to get anything.
AnswerID: 540208

Sponsored Links