Aussie Swag camper feed back

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 11, 2014 at 13:38
ThreadID: 109779 Views:6816 Replies:7 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
New poster, have searched Aussie swag and found some old threads re these campers. I am considering buying a new Aussie Swag Ultra D camper. Can members give me any feed back good and bad about these trailers? Thanks

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Alan H (QLD) - Saturday, Oct 11, 2014 at 13:49

Saturday, Oct 11, 2014 at 13:49
I have a 2001 Aussie Swag (challenger) which is a lot more simple than today's versions. No batteries etc but we have a large pull out drawer under the bed. We have been wrapped in it. Had it since new and it has been all over Australia. Very solid quality.

It is totally dustproof and very dry when in rain. Great to put up and pull down about 30 sec job. Ours is only 700kg so very light to tow. I believe today's models are a bit heavier.

Our canvas is still in great condition but we have tended to use the camper on the move with very seldom having the same campsite for two nights so the camper tended not to be put and left in the sun all day.

Alan
AnswerID: 540219

Reply By: Member - Mfewster(SA) - Saturday, Oct 11, 2014 at 15:44

Saturday, Oct 11, 2014 at 15:44
We also have an early model. It has been used a lot. Canvas still in excellent condition. It has done the Gibb River Rd, Mitchell Plateau etc and never missed a beat. Best of all, the company that makes them is excellent to deal with and retains an interest in looking after their stuff. I have contacted them a few times (never had to contact them about things breaking) and they have always been very helpful. We are in SA, they are in Qld. I certainly recommend them. I don't know anything about the new models except that when we have met owners of these while on the road and chatted, they all seemed very happy with their camper.
AnswerID: 540221

Reply By: Member - John - Saturday, Oct 11, 2014 at 16:48

Saturday, Oct 11, 2014 at 16:48
G'day, I have been a on a couple of trips with two mates that have Aussie Swag, a 2020 model and a 2012 model, Cape York and Arnhem Land, and having seen how they handle rough conditions and the ease of set up and pack up, I have ordered mine for pick in Feb 2015. I am sure that I will be more than happy with it and the service from Scott and James is exemplary in this day and age. Expensive yes, but now a days you get what you pay for....... (Give me a members message if you would like to talk about what I have ordered etc.)
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 540222

Follow Up By: Member - John - Saturday, Oct 11, 2014 at 16:49

Saturday, Oct 11, 2014 at 16:49
oops 2002 model...............
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 826004

Reply By: Zita - Sunday, Oct 12, 2014 at 18:28

Sunday, Oct 12, 2014 at 18:28
We had a 2012 model for a while.
The thing that sold us was the swing around kitchen.
Much more user friendly in our opinion.
Solar panel enough to keep the two batteries charged up for running the 60 ltr Engel.
They are a little bit heavier than some of the others but the workmanship is second to none.
End of the day you pay for good quality it is well worth it.
Can also close it with the awning attached as well.
Magic camper.
We sold it and now have a Kedron on the way as we want a bit more comfort.
Doug
AnswerID: 540258

Reply By: Member - Judy and Laurie - Monday, Oct 13, 2014 at 10:19

Monday, Oct 13, 2014 at 10:19
Hi we have an aussie swag off road camper 2009 model, we have owned it since new, what a fantastic camper we have been to the cape including the telegraph track, flinders ranges, Birdsville track ,Cameron corner, the savannah way , Darwin, the Kimberley, and back through the centre to Ayers Rock, outback QLD, out back NSW , Vic, SA and are planning a trip to the Pilbara next year, has not ever let us down, does everything you want it to do and more. Very well thought out camper and very practical with exceptional service from the guys at Aussie Swag Campers in Brendale QLD. Highly recommended.
cheers Judy
AnswerID: 540278

Reply By: Member - David Will (VIC) - Monday, Oct 13, 2014 at 20:50

Monday, Oct 13, 2014 at 20:50
Hi maxum II,

We have a 2006 Rover LX 21st Anniversary Model and it has been brilliant, it tows like a dream, easy to set up and take down and is very comfortable.

We purchased it second hand and have had it just over 2 years and love it. We had a room made to go on the back of it for the kids 4 1/2 and 1 1/2 and that works well. We have done a 3 or 4 trips in it around 3 weeks at a time and find it very comfortable and no effort at all to move most days.

The seals on all the doors are great, no Dust or Water has even looked like getting in. Also no problem with electric brakes they have worked well, which is connected with Tekonsha Brake Controller Prodigy 3.

Just came back from the gathering at Trilby Station, nearly 4000 km and no trouble at all towing with 1993 80 Series with 1hz turbo, with around 18L per 100 and was fully loaded and sitting mostly on limit. 4wd and Trailer put over weighbridge and was 4.8 T

Also have spoken to the makers of this trailer and they new all the history of it and told us what we needed and where to get parts if we wanted to. Also advised us of upgrades that we could fit and just easy to communicate with.

We have had no problems with the Camper since we got it, have made a few changes, as we put in 60L Engel and also it now has 3 100 ah batteries as well.
plan to do another few minor adjustment to suit us but nothing major.

Would I get another one if I was in the market or wanted to upgrade????

The answer is Yes without a doubt, one of the best made trailers that I have seen and the comfort level for the wife, 2 kids and myself is great.

This is our opinion only as it suits us perfectly for what we do and where we go.

We love it,

David Will and Family.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 540303

Reply By: Member - maxum II - Tuesday, Oct 14, 2014 at 17:22

Tuesday, Oct 14, 2014 at 17:22
Thanks everyone for the feed back it appears the Aussie Swag is a very good unit as mostly only received positive comments from AS camper owners.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 540347

Sponsored Links