A vote of thanks

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 03, 2004 at 22:31
ThreadID: 10980 Views:1941 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Having read a lot of messages on this forum and learned a lot, it's time for me to offer a vote of thanks to all those who contribute, particularly Jackeroo owners.And maybe offer a tip.
I bought a 1999 diesel Jackeroo earlier this year, it's mainly to tow my caravan and maybe visit some out of the way places that are not accessable in a normal car. I looked up all the info on Jackeroos I could find so as to learn as much about the car as possible. The discussions on the importance of using the right grade of oil in the engine were of interest, but what really caught my eye was the reference to injector seals failing, particularly the message from 'Jezza', who found a quick way to get rid of a couple of grand.
Not wanting this to happen to me, I rang a Holden dealer and spoke to a service advisorabout the cost of having the seals replaced. Hang on, says he, i'll just have a look on the computer and see if there is an outstanding re-call on your car.
Yep, he says, book it in and we'll fix under GMH warranty! The job has now been done so the info saved me a few hundred dollars.
The tip? If you have a diesel Jackeroo of similar age, particularly if you bought it seconhand, it just might pay to ask a Holden dealer if all the recalls have been done.

KT
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Gajm (VIC) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 00:23

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 00:23
This site has certainly taught me a lot, and has saved me quite a bit of money for all types of reasons.....so i thought i would say thanks to those responsible by joining. no this isn't an add or even a hint, just my thinking

AnswerID: 49078

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 14:54

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 14:54
Here here! After saving my self litterally hundreds of dollars from advice on this site I thought the $50 bucks was money well spent to help keep the site up and running!
(hope that doesn't sound like too much of a suck job!) :-)
AnswerID: 49131

Follow Up By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Saturday, Mar 06, 2004 at 16:24

Saturday, Mar 06, 2004 at 16:24
& renewal only costs $30
FollowupID: 311189

Sponsored Links