Rating Places

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 16, 2014 at 20:26
ThreadID: 109838 Views:1547 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
I posted a photo of Cocoparra NP in Places and intended to rate it as 4 stars (the place not the photo!) but somehow it shows only 1.5 stars under the photo. When I wrote a review of Cocoparra on a different screen, I rated it 4 stars with no problems. Is there advice about using the stars under the photos and their purpose? Thanks. Megan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Friday, Oct 17, 2014 at 15:40

Friday, Oct 17, 2014 at 15:40
Hi Megan and Kevin,

Im not totally sure about the rating system but from my experience it goes something like this: You can only make an overall rating of the place when you post something in the discussion section. The ratings for the photos are open to people (probably members) to effectively "like" them, although I have sometimes found that you can only put in one or one and a half stars at a time. That aspect seems a bit variable. I do know that the photo with the most stars is the one that features in the listing for that particular place - works pretty much the same in the wildflowers section.

Hope you are both well and still enjoying your travels.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 540492

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Oct 17, 2014 at 16:23

Friday, Oct 17, 2014 at 16:23
Hi Megan,
Yes you've done it right. Your review of the Place shows as 4 stars (see the Review tab to locate this). The average rating of all reviews will be shown at the top of the Place page - which I see is showing 3 stars (from an avg of 2 reviews) - the other review shows 3 stars.

Each photo on the page can be reviewed with a star rating separately. Again, you give a vote for each or some photos and the highest overall rating based on number of votes and rating of votes, determines which photo will appear as the top picture. Each picture will show the avg vote based on all other votes it has received. You can give a low vote to some and a high vote to others if you wish try to shuffle the order of pics around and bump up a particular pic this way. Thanks - a very good question.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 540495

Sponsored Links