Chamber's Pillar/Boggy Hole

Submitted: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1099 Views:1756 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Travelling to NT soon. What are the roads like to these two places?
Can you come in from the Stuart Highway to the Pillar?
Thanks Jim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Edwin Callard - Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00
JIM, BOTH DESTINATIONS YOU HAVE THE CHOICE OF 2 ENTY POINTS. BOTH ARE 4WD AND OK TO TRAVEL ON. BOGGY HOLE YOU CAN GO IN FROM GILES RD OR LARAPINTA DRIVE. AT THIS STAGE I STILL BELIEVE YOU CANT DRIVE THROUGH BOGGY HOLE. SO THE WAY YOU GO IN YOU MUST COME OUT. HOWEVER THERES NOTHING LIKE CAMPING ON THE FINKE.
AnswerID: 3416

Follow Up By: Russell Walkom - Friday, May 17, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, May 17, 2002 at 00:00
Out of interest, is it possible to tow an off-road camper trailer to Boggy Hole from the Ernest Giles Road?
FollowupID: 1473

Follow Up By: Edwin Callard - Saturday, May 18, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, May 18, 2002 at 00:00
Jim, when I went through it had been after rain and although there were some wet spots it was solid and passable, so I believe you would have no trouble with a trailer. You realise of course you will have to return the same way, or you could go via Illamurta Springs, it just comes out up the Giles road a bit further. The springs were a bit dissappionting but to see how they lived out there in the early days makes you wonder how they survived or remained sane. Hope this helps Edwin
FollowupID: 1482

Reply By: pen - Thursday, May 09, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, May 09, 2002 at 00:00
Jim, Chambers Pillar has public access only from Maryvale (Titjikala). To access from Stuart Hwy, either follow the Hugh River Stock Route across to the Old South Rd, which starts 10k's south of Stuarts Well & comes out approx 40k's north Maryvale. If you go into Rainbow Valley (t/o 15k's nth Stuarts Well) there is a very rough track that goes across to the railway line, turn south & you will come to the Stock Route crossing just before the Hugh River (approx 10 - 15k's). Haven't been on this last track for a couple of years, so don't know what condition it's in after the past two years rains. Cheers, pen.
AnswerID: 3424

Sponsored Links