Comment: EOTopo 200K

Hi,
I would like to get EOTopo 200K for my iPad, which is via Memory Map. To do this I must download the starter pack (88mb) and then activate each section, which is in GB. The maps are still encrypted and then have to be activated with my Memory Map account. As I only have access to mobile wireless broadband this is both time consuming and expensive. My question/comment is why can't you sell EOTopo 200K for MM on usb/sd, this would still be encrypted and would have to activated via MM account when on the iPad.
Thanks, Kevin
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Oct 27, 2014 at 18:06

Monday, Oct 27, 2014 at 18:06
Kevin,

Firstly - we are still waiting on Memory Map to finalise the 2015 update. I have seen it running but the starter pack is still pointing at 2014.3. I must admit I was expecting this today but still not. Once it comes we will post about it.

Secondly - there is no reason we could not do this however I wonder how many people would purchase it this way? I understand what you are saying but the logistics and cost to burn to media to distribute would make this more expensive!

We are currently working on in-app purchase in iTunes however the darn cost of Apple is crazy and we would lose nearly 70% of the margin to release a version for Memory Map on iTunes (between Apple and Memory Map). As I mentioned we are working on this but may have to effect the pricing to support the Apple rip off.

May not answer you questions directly but we are working to make it easier. I just wonder how many would pay the $20-$30 to have it put on SD/USB as an extra cost!

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 540918

Follow Up By: 116hynes - Monday, Oct 27, 2014 at 23:20

Monday, Oct 27, 2014 at 23:20
The 2015 is showing as available in the Hema app. I can currently load EOTOPO thru the MM or Hema app only need to activate thru the MM account, so I am not sure why you want to get itunes involved if there is a cost to you. In my situation I would be prepared to pay a reasonable loading for a usb option.
FollowupID: 826872

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2014 at 07:10

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2014 at 07:10
Can you get a friend who has a land broadband line to download it or sit in an internet cafe? Mc Donalds even.

It is available in bulk form from Memory Map Here. Then you can put it on a card and use Itunes to load it up. It is about 2.5GByte. It is much faster to download this way.

AnswerID: 540945

Sponsored Links