automatic awning for Troopy

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 13, 2001 at 01:00
ThreadID: 110 Views:4103 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
For our big trip we think maybe we should get one of those pull-out awnings considering well be setting it up virtually every day for 7 months... Does anyone have experience with them? Do they cope with 100s of ks of corrugation and the likes? Which brands should we consider/stay away from? Thanks! Oh, and doss anyone have one for sale?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Peter Bailey - Friday, Feb 16, 2001 at 01:00

Friday, Feb 16, 2001 at 01:00
Bart & Marian, I have no info on the automatic pull out awning, but may I suggest the Campout Awning. It is made by Shailer Distributors in Logan City, Queensland. They make 2 sizes, the standard size is 2.3m long and stands out 3m, the king size is 4.7m long and stands out 2.3m and are fixed to the roof rack bars. For more info I suggest you email them on campout@powerup.com.au or phone them on 07 3219 9246, ask for Tricia and say I recommended them, they will send you all the info you need. They are a lot cheaper than an automatic awning and a lot more rugged, nothing to go wrong or fall apart. Regards Peter.
AnswerID: 205

Reply By: George - Wednesday, Feb 28, 2001 at 01:00

Wednesday, Feb 28, 2001 at 01:00
Something to consider rather than a tent attached to the vehcile is a free standing collapsable market style tent. They are available at K-MART and fold up or down in under 1 minute. The beauty is if you need to move the car, the cover can stay behind, rather than pack up everytime you need to move the car. If you visit our website www.4wdtraining.com.au and look under resources in the next few weeks you will see a photo of our much used and appreciated canopy.

Cheers George
AnswerID: 228

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Sunday, Mar 04, 2001 at 01:00

Sunday, Mar 04, 2001 at 01:00
Prior to our 2yr trip in our Troopy we also considered this style of awning but ahhh the price! And it wouldve interfered with the pop-top. We ended up making do with a sheet of tarp and used ocky traps through the eyelets of the end closest to the vehicle through the rear sliding windows and just erected 2 tent poles for the far ends. But if you have the budget to get the awning go for it - I would have liked one. The only problem is that you are committed to side awning and not always is a campsite/sun direction configured ideally. Youll end up taking a spare tarp anyway Im sure. Take only things that have at least 2 uses!
AnswerID: 240

Sponsored Links