Have your say about a new caravan park in Mandurah

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 02, 2014 at 12:19
ThreadID: 110019 Views:2283 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
There's an online survey out which allows interested people to have a say about a new tourist caravan park proposed for a site on the Dawesville Channel and Peel Estuary at Dawesville.
Those that are interested can suggest facilities that should be included in the design and support or oppose the new caravan park, which is part of the state government's WA Caravan and Camping Action Plan 2013-2018.
Survey link is https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/S397Z3Z
and a Facebook page has been set up to post comments https://www.facebook.com/groups/portbouvardholidaypark/
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Ron N - Sunday, Nov 02, 2014 at 13:55

Sunday, Nov 02, 2014 at 13:55
Parksguru, thanks for the alert. I must say, this is the first time I've heard of the Caravan and Camping action plan, I must have been asleep. It's certainly a big step in the right direction, although the overall emphasis seems to be more on improving national park accommodation facilities, rather than promoting private-enterprise investment in privately-owned caravan parks.

The biggest single problem associated with positioning caravan parks in areas such as the Dawesville Cut is the outrage from the multi-millionaire set who have millions invested in their mega-dollar pads - and the value of the land required for a caravan park in an area where small blocks bring million-dollar prices with ease.
This last factor alone has to limit caravan park positioning in these areas to the less-desirable floodplain areas, the areas with no views, or the areas on the outskirts of the region.

Here's a link to the plan document;

Caravan and Camping Action plan 2013-2018 summary

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 541218

Follow Up By: parksguru - Sunday, Nov 02, 2014 at 14:03

Sunday, Nov 02, 2014 at 14:03
Hi Ron
I agree with you that caravan park users should have equality of access to good coastal locations for their holidays. However if users don't make their views known to government through forums like this, the Port Bouvard Holiday Park Facebook page and the online survey for the proposed caravan park, the local objector's opinions will prevail.
Urge all interested parties to make posts and complete the online survey.
FollowupID: 827251

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Sunday, Nov 02, 2014 at 15:21

Sunday, Nov 02, 2014 at 15:21
This is a good opportunity to make a submission for people travelling with pets. Although more and more caravan parks and some camping areas now allow pets/dogs, it is done with restrictions, i.e. must be kept on a leash at all times.
Very few, if any caravan parks and camping areas have facilities for dogs, such as a fenced exercise area, access to water etc. Cheers.
FollowupID: 827260

Sponsored Links