Buffalo, Falls Creek tracks

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 17:50
ThreadID: 11002 Views:1688 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Heading up to Bright this weekend. Wondering if there are any reasonable tracks in the area. Medium difficulty for a gu patrol and experienced driver (I hope). Thanks in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Crackles - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 18:59

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 18:59
Eric. Last years big fires have left quite a few tracks in the area still closed so you will probably have to just go for a drive and see what's open. A good start would be up to Clear Spot (where the paragliders take off) then head out on Demon ridge. A good day trip would be up to the Blue rag range returning to Bright via Twins jeep track, Mt Murray and the Buckland. (great views) Of course there are plenty of pine forrest tracks in the area with some challenging tracks.
Call the Dept of name changes (Parks Vic) in Bright for an up to date list of closures. Craig..............................
AnswerID: 49166

Follow Up By: eric - Monday, Mar 08, 2004 at 16:41

Monday, Mar 08, 2004 at 16:41
thanks Crackles, I had the best of intentions to try these tracks, but what with the weather - 30 to 35 each day - the posse wanted to sit and empty some tinnies. So that eternal question raised it's ugly head---
"to VB or not VB - that is the question" (apologies to any scholars out there). VB won on the day.
FollowupID: 311323

Reply By: Crackles - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2004 at 17:52

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2004 at 17:52
Good choice. A couple of tinnies with the feet in morses creek was going to be my second suggestion. Craig...........
AnswerID: 49680

Sponsored Links