Member Messages

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 18:14
ThreadID: 11005 Views:1805 Replies:8 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I will be sending a members newsletter on this in the next few days however I want to bring it the the attention of the forum users at this point.

I have just added phase one of MemberMsg. This feature allows our members to send private messages to other members via the ExplorOz system. The member messages are currently stored on the server and can be read, replied to, sent to your own email address or deleted from the system.

Phase two will allow members to setup their profile to send all system and forum generated emails to their MemberMsg box.

Phase three will allow for automatic sending of the MemberMsg box contents to the members personal email address either daily or weekly, as a digest email.

All messages will be automatically removed from MemberMsg after a period of time and I expect that the system will send copies to Members Email address before this deletion occurs. This has not been finalised yet however it will be about two weeks. This will all be completed in Phase three.

Along with this featire we will no longer be passing emails to members and visitors in the background to provide contact between readers (this was costing us a lot of time as we get heaps of requests for this), it is hoped that all users will find this new feature far superior.

Another great feature for our members - If you are not already a member then here is another reason to join our growing membership program.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bernie. (Vic) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 18:30

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 18:30
Hi David
That sounds Fantastic you seem to come up with some great idea's,
how is the members sticker going .... Bit late for the LD gathering which appears to be almost all members the others we will work on over the W/e.

Cheers
AnswerID: 49162

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 18:35

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 18:35
The stickers are still on hold at the moment - we are still working on pricing and we have also been waiting for the ExplorOz Trademark to be completed.

Enjoy the weekend you guys & girls and pass on our best wishes to everyone.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 311015

Reply By: Coops (Pilbara) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 19:09

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 19:09
great idea - well done on implementing it
AnswerID: 49169

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 19:13

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 19:13
And I forgot to say that you will get a little flashing item in your members red bar if you have a message waiting for you. Enjoy!

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 49171

Follow Up By: Wayne (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 19:48

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 19:48
David,

You have just about thought of everthing.

Love the idea about a red flashing light

Wayne
FollowupID: 311025

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 19:49

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 19:49
Well it is actully not a red flashing light it is a blue flashing box saying Member Msg.
Thanks for the positive feedback.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 311026

Follow Up By: Wayne (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 19:53

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 19:53
David,

With the Send Member Msg box, we can tell who is a member at a glance. Another good idea.

Wayne
FollowupID: 311032

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 20:49

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 20:49
David,

Just another question about "Send Member Msg". do we have to wait until a member has asked or answered a question on the forum before we have access to them via Member Messaging. For example could I go to the Members Rig list, click on there name and email them from there.

Wayne
AnswerID: 49187

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 20:51

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 20:51
I will be putting this feature on the Rigs listing and Rigs view pages, so you will be able to pull a name from a list and send to that member in the near future.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 311051

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 23:48

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 23:48
good job on the msg system david.
keep it up
pity the little desert maps werent in a few weeks ago you would have sold a few i think.
cheers
AnswerID: 49220

Reply By: Member - Peter (York) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 23:50

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 23:50
cool idea ,just off subject are you still going to do flags?
AnswerID: 49221

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 00:06

Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 00:06
Not at the moment we are concerned about the pole. If we can sort out the pole issue then we may come back to this one. It may be a few months though as the budget is being hammered by stubby holders, hats, stickers etc. I was hoping to find something at a place like Bunnings etc where then pole could be sourced all over the country however I have not found the answer just yet - still working on it.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 311088

Reply By: Member - Peter (York) - Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 00:52

Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 00:52
what type of pole are you looking for I can put you onto a contact in Perth and another in Brisbane that supply the bolt to the side of building type where the flag hangs down they are also adjusteble inlenght they are steel with bracket supplied , I have 3 hanging from my shop front . I retail them for under $40 Im not at work untill saterday and can get you the address then . for the $ they are good value we have looked at mounting the bracket to our roof racks for campsites to fly the aussie flag .Ican put you onto the flag suppliers to we retail these for $19.95 they also have the Eureka (southern cross flag plus heaps more) let me know if you want the addresses
AnswerID: 49223

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 12:58

Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 12:58
David, how do you think these ideas up? And then, how do you work out how to implement them. Well done. On the subject of poles - David at Mt Dare has a number of orange plastic conduit (?) ones which he lends to people who are crossing SD west to east and then we lend them and send them back east to west.
Our own pole is copied on a mining vehicle one and has a bolt on the bullbar - easy to take off and put back. The flag has a flashing red light on top also!! Very fancy. (Could be a bit longer though). Are you thinking about making Desert flags? Good idea - could we sell them here?
AnswerID: 49253

Sponsored Links