Perth 4WD and Camping Show.

Submitted: Saturday, Nov 08, 2014 at 01:14
ThreadID: 110074 Views:2340 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I had about an hour spare to visit the show in Perth today before driving 600k home.
Thought Id quickly share a couple of things. Others may have some better tips...
If you are looking for Driving Lights stand 222 had the best deals.
Also I noticed Evakool had a stand there. A good chance to check out one of the better quality 12v fridges that has not had much representation in WA to my knowledge.
Plenty to see. Many suppliers keen to move products during the show.
Needless to say I spent 2 1/2 hrs there and now have far better driving lights than I had hoped for.
Kerry W (Qld)
Security is mostly a superstition. It doesnt exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Con_Qld - Saturday, Nov 08, 2014 at 21:33

Saturday, Nov 08, 2014 at 21:33
Hi Kerry, Do you remember the name of the firm? I am in the market for some driving lights...Thanks....
AnswerID: 541439

Follow Up By: Member Kerry W (WA) - Saturday, Nov 08, 2014 at 22:03

Saturday, Nov 08, 2014 at 22:03
Hi Con I know them well I was just avoiding being moderated under the advertising rule but since you asked it was Narva. They had a show specials on a few lights but - their top of the range ultima's 225s set up with 50watt HIDs were only $675 Normally I am not a fan - but these lights are not built to a price and come with wiring harness and good quality osram ballast and globes and they work out to be cheap compared to what I was going to buy. Better be quick they were moving a few sets.

Maybe a lot more competition with Chinese imports are driving some companies to discount. I am beginning to notice some deflationary pressure on our economy. Hmmmm!
Kerry W (Qld)
Security is mostly a superstition. It doesnt exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 827550

Follow Up By: Con_Qld - Sunday, Nov 09, 2014 at 21:44

Sunday, Nov 09, 2014 at 21:44
Hi Kerry, Thanks for your message on the lights. They are great to light up the night. Am just getting a bullbar fitted then the lights will go on.
Just commenting on your photos around the Esperance area. Fantastic photos - what camera did you use. Last year I came around Esperance in September but the weather was not too kind to us but I promised myself that I will visit that area again in the very near future. Thanks again...cheers..
FollowupID: 827573

Follow Up By: Member Kerry W (WA) - Monday, Nov 10, 2014 at 22:42

Monday, Nov 10, 2014 at 22:42
Hi Con

I was using a Canon 500D SLR. - any of the later Canon Digital SLR will give you great shots without too much fuss.
We discussed the best weather patterns to visit that area in this post last month.

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/109857/Best_time_to_visit_Southern_WA.aspx?ky=&sn=&p=%2fForum%2fDefault.aspx%3fpn%3d8

Did you end up buying lights at the Show? ...and what did you get?

Kerry W (Qld)
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 827654

Follow Up By: Con_Qld - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2014 at 19:26

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2014 at 19:26
Thanks Kerry,
I am leaning towards led bar driving lights. Soon as my bullbar is installed, I will check out the market again.

Thanks too for the link on the best time to see the beautiful South West.

Cheers..&..Safe travels
FollowupID: 827726

Sponsored Links