Jayco Expanda Hard Lid Conversion

Submitted: Friday, Nov 14, 2014 at 14:47
ThreadID: 110138 Views:5019 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

I have a Jayco Expanda 2007 (non hard lid) caravan. As anyone who owns one of these will know, they are not that waterproof. After much searching i have not been able to find anyone who has added a hard lid.

So I have decided to go ahead with my own idea. I have ordered a truck wind deflector and it is being modified slightly for strength and sizing. Essentially I will be removing the soft fly that currently sits on the top and removing the strip holding it in place. The wind deflector will be hinged at the top and locked at the bottom.

I am jumping ahead a bit as I have not picked it up yet and the details of how to hinge, hold down, support and siding (plastic and shade cloth for different weather conditions) will be a work in progress. I can not add pictures as I am not a financial member. I am happy to email them if that isn't against the rules.

So if this is of interest and/or you have ideas as I play with this concept please comment.

I will add updates as I go.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: wizzer73 - Friday, Nov 14, 2014 at 15:06

Friday, Nov 14, 2014 at 15:06
Hi

Yes I am very interested in your ideas. I had similar ideas with perspex but have never gone ahead. I haven't had any water leakage problems with my soft fly setup.

Please email me at wizzerwazza at gmail dot com
substitute the at with a @ and dot with a .

thanks
Warren
AnswerID: 541666

Follow Up By: Hayden L - Monday, Nov 24, 2014 at 17:49

Monday, Nov 24, 2014 at 17:49
Will do Warren. Still waiting on the wind deflector to be modified but will keep you up to date as thing progress.
FollowupID: 828389

Sponsored Links