Martin re Pam

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 21:51
ThreadID: 11017 Views:1439 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Martin, Drop me a line direct and I will reply to your question.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 22:43

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 22:43
Anne,

I have no prolems with you posting your email address however are you aware that by posting the email in an open forum such as this may cause your email to be captured by external spider systems and added to external spam systems. This is why we mask all email addresses on the system. Your email address is always available by people clicking on your logo and then using the Send Enquiry function in the Business Search screen that they will get when they click on your logo.

Would you like me to remove the email address from your post. It may save you some rubbish comming down the line. The reader can now see the instructions to get to your masked email address. It is upto you just thought I would mention it.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 49217

Follow Up By: Member - Bernie. (Vic) - Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 01:08

Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 01:08
Hi David
Is it safe under the Rig Pic ?.

Cheers
FollowupID: 311092

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 01:26

Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 01:26
Not 100% - As a user I would not do it, as a business I am all over the site and we get about 300 spam emails per day. Having said this I launch the rig pic pages using a pop up technique that most crawlers do not like. I may be going to change this in the near future in line with the new MemberMsg functions. Basically any email address published on any website in clear (readable) text is open to being picked up by external programs and added to junk email systems. There is nothing that we can do as developers other than using masking techniques to send message from our system to you - this is why we go to the lengths to use Send Enquiry in the advertisers systems and trader and now MemberMsg for the members. If you really want to put it on a page make it something like
david_at_itbeyond.com.au or david@itbeyond dot com dot au.

Hope this helps.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 311093

Follow Up By: Member - Bernie. (Vic) - Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 01:42

Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 01:42
Thanks David
FollowupID: 311095

Sponsored Links