Syntech Cruiser oil forum

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 22:07
ThreadID: 11018 Views:1719 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
What happened to the thread on the syntech cruiser oil technician who was going to be on-line tonight. I posted a question just before I left work and now I am home the whole thread is gone.

Have I been working too hard lately and started to halucinate the whole thing or was the thread removed? If so, why? It seemed a good response from the company involved given the degree of "discussion" of its products.

Cheers

Captain
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 22:16

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 22:16
Captian,

The thread got a little to much like free advertising.

I am surprised David let it run for so long. I don't know what happened behind the sceens but I think David was trying to make contact with him.

I am sure if David want us to know more than that he will let us know.

Wayne
AnswerID: 49212

Reply By: Michelle from ExplorOz - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 22:17

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 22:17
Hi Captain,
There was a whole lot of stuff going on and the owner of Synforce has just got off the phone to me. What he wanted to do was stretching the capabilities and intentions of our Forum but we have been contemplating being able to provide advertisers with this style of short-term chat-style feature so its something we had to work out how to achieve as a win-win for all.

We have agree to revist the concept in a week or so once they have their advertising with us all setup and we're going to develop an extension-feature to the Forum whereby the Forum Sponsor of the day can run a chat line for a few hours in a controlled and managed fashion whereby he will answer your generic technical questions about oil lubricants and of course, his products.

There was some misunderstandings all over the forum today and the posts were getting out of hand so he agreed to have us moderate and tidy it all up and start again afresh in a few days time, next week.

He's happy - he's sold some stuff and been blown away by how fast the forum works. So, stay tuned folks as they say!
ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

AnswerID: 49213

Follow Up By: Member - Captain (WA) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 22:44

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 22:44
Thanks Michelle and Wayne, I didn't think about the financial/advertising side to it. It all makes sense now and looks like a win win for all involved.

The idea of a "chat room" with various experts at a designated time is a great idea. I am sure many of your other advertisers would be interested.

Cheers

Mark
FollowupID: 311076

Follow Up By: Roachie - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 23:07

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 23:07
I am almost sorry I asked the original question back on 21/1/2004 after seeing the shellacking (spelling???) this bloke has been given. As I stated on an earlier thread today, I have now ordered 20 litres of this oil and will use it in my Patrol over the next 2 oil changes.
I keep accurate records of the number of kilometers I do per tank of fuel, so hopefully in about 3 to 4 months I will have done the 10,000klm I need to have done 2 full oil cycles and with the forum convener's permission, I will give my own findings.
This will be purely my own findings/records....I am not a professional or mechanic etc.
Cheers,
Roachie
FollowupID: 311081

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 23:29

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 23:29
It is sad when the system goes wrong but now it is on the right track and Russell from Synforce is happy that we are working towards a positive resolution for his products and our readers.

We will all be interested to find out your results and it most welcome as this is what the system is all about. We are also going to publish some documents on this subject when we get the arrangements sorted with Russell.

Hopefully most of the shellacking (spelling???) has been removed from the system and all is on the right rack. We certainly have no problems with people responding to posts and threads related to their own products etc we just ask that new threads with heavy advertising focus and starting un-authorised chat type sessions is not done without speaking to us first.

David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 311084

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 12:18

Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 12:18
What a fantastic idea, at least this way we will know the difference between IMO (personal experiance) and professional (perhaps somewhat byast) points of view!
It will make the site a lot more trustworthy I think. (not that I'm complaining!!!) It's great as is, but I think it's a move for the better, with the obvious advantage of more advertising support to help out with running costs!!
FollowupID: 311121

Sponsored Links