Roof top Tents

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 20, 2014 at 19:22
ThreadID: 110201 Views:2119 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
After many years using our Hannibal Roof tent we are looking at replacing it with a full length hard top. Our replacement preference is the Hannibal Impi, however since we are both 190 cm. tall we would like to hear opinions from other (tall) members whether this tent is the best for tall people.
Do any of you have a hard top tent with solar panel(s) installed?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Idler Chris - Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 14:40

Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 14:40
I have a Hannibal and slept over 800 nights in it, every single one a great sleep. Why would you want to replace it, you have the best.
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 542030

Follow Up By: Member - NQ Bill - Sunday, Nov 23, 2014 at 13:51

Sunday, Nov 23, 2014 at 13:51
I agree, I also sleep well in my Hannibal.
What I want to do is leave the bed made up, this expidites the daily packing/unpacking process. The mattress in the Impi is even better!!
FollowupID: 828315

Follow Up By: Idler Chris - Sunday, Nov 23, 2014 at 15:10

Sunday, Nov 23, 2014 at 15:10
Bill, Under mattress I have some of those holy floor mats,but I also have a much larger cover which means you leave all your bedding in, flip it over, strap it down, put the cover on. You do not even have to tuck the tent sides in. Looks baggy, but so very easy.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 828319

Reply By: Member - NQ Bill - Sunday, Nov 23, 2014 at 23:00

Sunday, Nov 23, 2014 at 23:00
Hi Chris,
Just backing up a bit here.
My ten in the folded/stowed position has about 50 mm gap between the top folded mattress & the plywood base. I have tried to leave my bedding in that area but it is not wide/deep enough.
I have looked at extending the hinge to make the tent fold deeper & then manufacturing a deeper cover to fit. This, I feel is my best option
My tent opens over the back of my Nissan, I'm not bothered about the tent bagging out either ... I still need more room for bedding.
I understand why you like the tent so much, once open & bed made its VERY comfortable :):)
AnswerID: 542122

Follow Up By: Idler Chris - Vic - Monday, Nov 24, 2014 at 20:49

Monday, Nov 24, 2014 at 20:49
Talk to Peter at Hannibal in Brisbane I am sure he has an answer to your problem. Cheers

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 828402

Sponsored Links