Keeping bedding dry and warm in bed-ends tips, affective and cheap

Submitted: Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 12:00
ThreadID: 110215 Views:2607 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Apart from water proofing, I've managed to find a few clever people thinking outside the square to keep their bedding dry without worrying about bedding touching the canvas and getting wet.

Some of the following also have great insulation properties.

1. Corflute: Cut 300mm high and to length of the 3 sides of bed end. Place between canvas and track. Store under mattress when packing up.

2. 5mm Roll out foam: From Clark rubber. Comes in 2 sizes, single and double. Rolls up with connection clips for easy storage. Roll put and cut length ways to suit the slope of bed end. 1 roll should cover ones side and half the end. A small hole in the corner to attached the foam to the bed end top support. Place between canvas and track. (this will completely cover your sides with no access to windows, great to keep the winter cold out.) Store under seating.

3. Pool foam noodles: Cut to size and place between bed and canvas. Store under seating

4. Blue plastic trailer tarp: Cut 300mm wide and velcro to canvas (not sure how long velcro would last on canvas). Store under mattress.

5. Silver roof insulation sheeting: Place under the mattress.

Has anyone have any other idea's?

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - mark D18 - Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 13:24

Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 13:24
Cruiser
A bit of lateral thinking.
Most of the mentioned ideas would work really well.
Great for camper trailers Where the canvas hits the mattress

Cheers
AnswerID: 542026

Reply By: Member - Noel K (NT) - Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 16:29

Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 16:29
Water bed Liner and just leave it.

Cheers,

Noel K.
AnswerID: 542039

Reply By: DesF - Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 18:15

Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 18:15
Hi, What about fly's . just for a quick stop I just occy strap the bottoms underneath, and if it is raining when packing up I shut the camper down with the fly's still out and work under them, then when it is closed up I fold up the fly's and just stow in a garbage bag till next stop.
I also have a plastic sheet cut to 6" over size to put over the bed , and if any water does drip off it catches in the gutter of the plastic sheet, can be sopped up with a towel , but have not had the problem since using the fly's,
Mine did not come with built in fly's , I made my own , canvas tops and shade cloth sides ,
Cheers Des.
AnswerID: 542044

Reply By: Life Member -Alan R NSW - Friday, Nov 28, 2014 at 19:48

Friday, Nov 28, 2014 at 19:48
Another way is to use plastic mattress protectors over the bedding before closing van buy heavy duty ones .

Alan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 542302

Sponsored Links