Majors Creek Recreation Reserve NSW

Submitted: Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 13:27
ThreadID: 110216 Views:2292 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi. Does anyone know about this Majors Creek camp?

I have been trying to find info on it and came across one site that says it is restricted to a 24 hour stay. But no other site mentions this. Is it correct that you can only stay 24 hours at a time?

Any and all info would be great.

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: gary - Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 13:53

Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 13:53
We camped earlier this year at Araluen (no time restriction) and took a run up to Majors Creek. Nice drive but not for caravans up this road.

Nice little town and checked out the showgrounds/camping area and it stated a 24hour stay only.
AnswerID: 542029

Follow Up By: Kelpie D - Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 14:49

Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 14:49
Thanks for the reply Gary.

Shame, it sounds good. I wont be able to stay there this time. So I guess that nice little town wont get any of my money this year.

I am tenting it. Takes 3 hours to set up camp and 3 hours to pack up. So a 24 hour limit is off the cards for me.

I wonder how they police the 24 hour limit. How would they even know if you didn't leave and come back. They would need to keep some sort of record and have some sort of minimum "away" time.
FollowupID: 828246

Follow Up By: Ron N - Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 15:14

Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 15:14
I would expect that the 24hr limit would be enforced by the regular appearance of a Ranger who would do checks on the campers.
Of course, it all depends on the enthusiasm of the Ranger and how much area he has to cover within a certain time frame/working hours - and also how good his recording of the numbers of campers is, and his ability to ID overstayers.
Lots of people seem to be able to ignore camping restrictions and get away with it.
FollowupID: 828248

Follow Up By: gary - Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 16:50

Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 16:50
Not sure it would be enforced too hard, as stated if you state your case to someone in charge, it could be sorted I would imagine.
There was no campers there when we visited around Easter time.
FollowupID: 828257

Reply By: garrycol - Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 15:50

Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 15:50
The Reserve is run by the local community - if you need to stay longer why not discuss your requirements in advance - you never know if you don't ask.

http://majorscreek.org.au/Home

3 hours to set up camp - seems a bit excessive - a review might be in order.
AnswerID: 542034

Follow Up By: Kelpie D - Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 16:19

Saturday, Nov 22, 2014 at 16:19
A review is under way !!!

Thanks for the reply and link. I will have a look later as I am about to power down the laptop.

Yes, 3 hours is to much... I am a house sitter. Have been for quite some time. So I have to be self contained just in case. You never know what is going to happen. I have had a home owner pass away just before the sit started, I have had owners cancel at the last minute because their dog has died and they don't need a sitter any more. In short, I need to be fully self contained but compact enough to be able to park in any driveway.

It is real art getting everything into the car. I plan to get a small pop-top van maybe next year. But for now, it is 3 hours each way.
FollowupID: 828252

Reply By: Kelpie D - Tuesday, Nov 25, 2014 at 09:10

Tuesday, Nov 25, 2014 at 09:10
For those that are interested, I have received a reply from the reserve person.

It is not a camping area as such, despite what is stated on various web sites. They allow you to stay overnight but that does not make it a camping area. They do not have water, showers etc for campers to use. They have tank water for reserve use.

The photos of things like camp kitchen and tennis courts etc that are shown on some web sites is just plain misleading. All those things are for reserve event use, not camping or overnight use.
AnswerID: 542171

Sponsored Links