1992 Pajero

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 23, 2014 at 11:34
ThreadID: 110229 Views:1505 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hey guys after a short drive last week I tried to start my car again and as much as it would wind over it just didn't want to fire so I had a mate come over with a few gadgets and we started the elimination process
I previously bought a new battery and replaced the old plugs we had plenty of power to and from places but getting it to spark at the right time was just not happening
I went and bought $160 crank angle sensor - still nothing , tried another coil pack and ignitor - still nothing. Knowing the distributor was most certainly out of time after replacing the CAS i thought it should still fire just not well there was really only one thing left to try... The ECU
I lent a mates and sure enough yep she fired "timing still out" but it's alive! All I need now is another I heard these aren't cheap new so at this stage I'll be looking for a wreck just want to know what model Pajeros will use the same one ? just a 3.0 I guess
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Terry O - Monday, Nov 24, 2014 at 12:38

Monday, Nov 24, 2014 at 12:38
Hey Harley, Have you tried the question on the vic pajero club site.

Not sure what models are the same but I think you need one out of a manual if yours is manual or vise versa if auto

I had a 1992 NH and the ECU died in mine and I got a reconditioned one from an auto electrician lots cheaper than a new one. If you get one out of a wrecker yard you might be up for another soon or if your lucky you might get one already reconditioned.
I remember when I was going through it with mine I was told you could replace some capacitors yourself to fix it as the capacitors leak over time. All info can be found at the victorian pajero club website if you want to go that way.

Terry
AnswerID: 542140

Follow Up By: Harley W - Monday, Nov 24, 2014 at 18:22

Monday, Nov 24, 2014 at 18:22
Cheers mate picked one up today for $50 might look into getting mine reco'd or stock up on them they're not cheap new !
FollowupID: 828392

Sponsored Links