Landcruiser 2012 Workmate

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 30, 2014 at 09:04
ThreadID: 110291 Views:2429 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys I am new to this forum and hoping that someone might give me some good advice. I had never had a 4wd before and I am looking at purchasing a plated Nov 2012 Landcruiser Workmate.

Just want to know what you think about this unit?
How is the v8 Diesel. I heard some models did use a little oil not sure if it is this model.
Would any know if this model came with ABS breaking system?
I know the new ones have it.

I want to make it into a tipper can any recommend anyone in Sydney?

Look forward to your reply.
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: TomH - Sunday, Nov 30, 2014 at 09:27

Sunday, Nov 30, 2014 at 09:27
For all things Toyota join the LCool forumhttp://www.lcool.org/forum/
AnswerID: 542364

Follow Up By: Joeanne S - Sunday, Nov 30, 2014 at 09:32

Sunday, Nov 30, 2014 at 09:32
Thanks for that I shall look into that website forum.
FollowupID: 828637

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Sunday, Nov 30, 2014 at 14:15

Sunday, Nov 30, 2014 at 14:15
That model should be okay, as most of the problems have been ironed out. Can't help about the brakes, but think the 2012 model had airbags.

If you want a tipper check out Lindsell Hoists. lindsellhoists.com.au Or ring 1800 815 360

We had one of their hoists mounted on a Canter 4wd, and it was a good bit of gear. They do a DIY tipper kit as well.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 542393

Reply By: Member - Rosco from way back - Sunday, Nov 30, 2014 at 14:26

Sunday, Nov 30, 2014 at 14:26
Al

Not sure about the Workmate, but I think so re the ABS as the GXL has them.
The oil usage issue seems to be addressed, but you need to use fully synthetic oil. I think there was a service bulletin from Mr T to this effect.

A lot of youngsters (probably with an overload of testosterol) chip the engines, but I can't really see the need as they have heaps of lazy grunt bog standard.
AnswerID: 542396

Reply By: Kumunara (NT) - Sunday, Nov 30, 2014 at 14:42

Sunday, Nov 30, 2014 at 14:42
Al Spits

I drive a workmate Wagon as a work vehicle and hate it. I have 5 narrowed discs in my lower back and use a lumber support but end up in pain and having to go to chiro/physio after any long trips.

The area I cover is about 40% of the NT so I drive a lot of kms. If you are just doing short drives around Sydney comfort will probably not be a problem for you.

My work vehicle is the base model and the seats do improve in the GXL but you are looking at the workmate.

One NGO up here in Katherine has put air seats in one and it has improved it greatly much to their employees relief. I would I suggest if you buy one factor in a set of after market seats.

One the blacktop it revs so high I keep looking for another gear. Very poor economy for a modern diesel but okay considering the size of the motor.

In regard to oil use. Most modern diesel use oil, especially when under load. My work vehicle uses very little and oil use is not a problem.

The vehicle has so far been reliable and the only time it goes to the Toyota dealership is for servicing.

Tjilpi

Life's great and it just keeps getting better

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 542397

Sponsored Links