Dimboola

Submitted: Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 19:51
ThreadID: 11043 Views:1996 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
We are heading down to Dimboola, Vic on 8th March to see the great Aussie show, "Dimboola" at guess where!! Anyone else going?

Pam and David
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ianmc - Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 21:32

Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 21:32
Ther river will be well down except in the town behind the weir. Its a nice place to stay & there are some good tracks down both sides of the river thru the great red gums.
A touch of OZ Culcha eh!
Another spot worth a look is the road to Jeparit where there is a great museum covering a few acres with old buildings, machinery & trucks. Not sure what hours they are open but really worth a look. Have a look at the Wimmera River where it flows into the dry Lake Hindmarsh. You can, conditions permitting, drive across the lake & up Outlet Crk area to Lake Albacutya.
AnswerID: 49321

Reply By: Member - Bernie. (Vic) - Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 23:23

Friday, Mar 05, 2004 at 23:23
Hi Pam & Alan
Great show "Dimboola" saw the movie & at the Chevron Hotel live with Maurie Fields, Geez laughed our self silly.

You should have left earlier about 18 vehicles who met on this great forum are up there tonight some are from S.A., keep a eye out on your way up & say hello if you spot any stickers, I,m traveling back to Melb with 15 Veh from the club.

Enjoy the show & the great outdoors
AnswerID: 49335

Reply By: Member Eric - Saturday, Mar 06, 2004 at 00:01

Saturday, Mar 06, 2004 at 00:01
Most are staying at Dimboola CP and the others at Horseshoe bend , If you go to reception and ask for the Exlore oz crew , they will point you to the right direction, I am leaving tomorrow morning , hope to see you there
AnswerID: 49342

Reply By: Neil - Wednesday, Mar 10, 2004 at 20:22

Wednesday, Mar 10, 2004 at 20:22
So you are all coming to me home town. You will love the play and hope you can bring a bit of rain. It's very dry. My wife is working at the play. She is serving the guests on behalf of the local hospital.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

If go out to Japarit to have a look at the Museum and Lake Hindmarsh, stop off and have a look at the Ebenizer Mission which is being restored at the moment. It's well worth a look.

Neil Ingram.
AnswerID: 49831

Sponsored Links