Comment: EOTopo

Submitted: Thursday, Dec 18, 2014 at 14:42
ThreadID: 110455 Views:1699 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, sorry if it's under my nose, but I can't see/work out how to do an update.
Advise appreciated, thanks.
Al.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Young Nomads - Thursday, Dec 18, 2014 at 15:32

Thursday, Dec 18, 2014 at 15:32
Hi there. I was a bit confused as well.
Here's a copy of the instructions sent to me from Adele at Explore Oz
This was sent to me as I had a discounted $ for the 2015 update
Is that the 2015 update you are trying to do?..it takes a while to download all the updates..we had our Hema 7 pre loaded with EOTopo

"Hi,

Thank you for your purchase of the Hema Navigator 7 with EOTopo 2014 pre-loaded.

As you may be aware, we released the 2015 version of the EOTopo maps back in October, however due to several issues, we have, until now, been unable to provide an upgrade price and process for the HN7 devices.

This has now been resolved, and we are happy to announce that we can supply you with the new 2015 EOTopo maps on either SD, USB or via Download.

Simply go to this page:

http://www.exploroz.com/Shop/ExplorOz+EOTopo_200K.aspx

And go to Buying Options to add your preferred option to the Shopping Cart, then enter the following code into the Promo Code field:

EOTopo Upgrade

This will reduce the price for the SD or USB to only $19.95 (plus $4.95 postage), or reduce the price of the Download to $10.45. *NOTE* you must be logged in for this promo code to work.

Once you have the maps, you will then need to transfer them to your HN7. The instructions on how to do this are found here:

http://www.exploroz.com/EOTopo/Help.aspx

(Just go to the EOTopo with Hema Navigator section for instructions)

If you have decided to purchase the Download option, you may want to view these instructions prior to download, as they will show you which maps you need to download (you only need certain file formats for use with the HN7).

If you run into any problems with purchasing or transferring the maps, please just contact me via phone or email (contact details are in my email signature below) so that I may provide further assistance.

Regards
Adele Scala

Customer Service Manager

Adele Scala: adele@itbeyond.com.au"

When you add it to your cart, the discount will be applied there.
Hope that helps....
It is a little confusing
Cheers
Robyn
AnswerID: 543120

Follow Up By: alhow - Thursday, Dec 18, 2014 at 17:17

Thursday, Dec 18, 2014 at 17:17
Hi Young Nomads,

Thanks for your reply. Due to your reply I went back through my emails and found the email sent by Adele in October that I hadn't even opened.

I'll follow the instructions and see how I go from there.

Al.

All done, thanks Young Nomads.

Al.
FollowupID: 830008

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Thursday, Dec 18, 2014 at 16:54

Thursday, Dec 18, 2014 at 16:54
Hi Al,

I just need to clarify that the promo code will only work if you are logged in, and have purchased either an EOTopo product, or Hema Navigator 7 - EOTopo Edition previously.
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 543121

Follow Up By: alhow - Thursday, Dec 18, 2014 at 17:21

Thursday, Dec 18, 2014 at 17:21
Hi Adele,

Me being the duffer I am I hadn't opened the email you sent me back in October as I purchased the SD card earlier in the year.

I've placed the order for the SD card successfully.

Thankyou.

Al.

FollowupID: 830009

Reply By: Member - Young Nomads - Friday, Dec 19, 2014 at 13:41

Friday, Dec 19, 2014 at 13:41
I asked Adele how to upload the EOTopo update to my Hema 7...here's the answer.

"Hi Robyn,

You’ll need to delete the current 2014 EOTopo Maps/EOTopo Name Search files (be careful not to delete any Hema Content), then replace them with the 2015 editions. Once you have deleted the old files, the instructions on how to transfer the new maps to the device can be found here:

http://www.exploroz.com/EOTopo/Help.aspx

(Just go to the EOTopo with Hema Navigator section).

Regards
Adele Scala

Customer Service Manager"

This procedure... I will leave for my husband! LOL

Cheers
Robyn

AnswerID: 543148

Follow Up By: alhow - Friday, Dec 19, 2014 at 15:46

Friday, Dec 19, 2014 at 15:46
Thanks for that Robyn.

Al.
FollowupID: 830042

Reply By: alhow - Thursday, Dec 25, 2014 at 11:14

Thursday, Dec 25, 2014 at 11:14
G'day all,

Unfortunately I don't have the Hema HN7 but I do have a double din/7" screen head unit.

I was able to load OziExplorerCE for WindowsCE/Arm and the EOTopo together on the SD card and it is working awesome.

Thankyou.

Al.
AnswerID: 543361

Sponsored Links