Canning Stock Route

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 06, 2004 at 10:06
ThreadID: 11049 Views:2151 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Information for those planning to traverse the CSR are advised not to tow camper trailers on the route. The southern part of the CSR runs through Cunyu Pastoral Lease &, in particular, across one creek which has very steep approaches. Camper traiters can & do get stuck in this creek & for this reason Cunyu Station specifically insists that no camper trailers traverse their property. Be warned, you will be turned back.
To quote from Saturday's West Australian Motoring Section :
" Existing corrugations can snap trailer axles, rendering them immoble & presenting considerable loss to owners.
Attempting to tow camper trailers over the 1027 sand dunes at the top end is a difficult & time consuming exercise. It can be detrimental to your trailer & tow vehicle & will do considerable damage to the track. This also can make traversing the dunes difficult to other travellers.
Damage can also occur if using wide track vehicles, travelling in 2 wheel drive or having incorrect tyre pressures.
For those towing camper trailers, Track Care suggests putting the trailer on a transporter & having it delivered to your exit point, ready to continue your travels". Unquote
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bigbear - Saturday, Mar 06, 2004 at 10:34

Saturday, Mar 06, 2004 at 10:34
Well said.
When I was thru there last time I saw a couple of trailers that required repairs and the track was showing signs of them having been thru
AnswerID: 49356

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Mar 06, 2004 at 18:51

Saturday, Mar 06, 2004 at 18:51
Note - this is not new - this has always been the case since the track has been re-routed to traverse directly through the Cunyu station property. We (meaning Track Care, as I'm on the committee) have decided to raise awareness of these facts in the lead up to the season. You will note the facts also stated in our CSR trek note and on the VKS 737 CSR road conditions reports. All bodies are banding together to try to make the information get to everybody. I have a press release from Track Care, which I'll publish on Monday.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 49395

Reply By: Well 55 - Monday, Mar 08, 2004 at 07:38

Monday, Mar 08, 2004 at 07:38
It may have to be that a Camp is set up at both end to turn trailers back from using the CSR. The message will soon get around then.

I wonder if Track Care would sponser this idea.
AnswerID: 49484

Sponsored Links