Sunland van

Submitted: Saturday, Dec 27, 2014 at 17:49
ThreadID: 110532 Views:1942 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just picked up Sunland Patriot van and I would have to say this is one 'smick' off road van. Prior to purchase it was between this van and another Brisbane off road van. The Patriot was the pick in build quality and innovative features. I can't understand why other van manufacturers don't stand behind their product with a 3 yr off road warranty. Sunland also are very confident with their 20 yr warranty on their custom chassis.
The friendly team were a delight to deal with and have promptly answered any of my questions.
Just a few positive comments in a world where critical comments seem commonplace.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - johnat - Saturday, Dec 27, 2014 at 20:22

Saturday, Dec 27, 2014 at 20:22
Congrats on the new "toy" - looking forward to further reports after your "shake-down" and a few longer trips.

I'm looking to upgrade tow vehicle in 2 or 3 years - impressions of the BT50 welcome (what year model?)

Cheers
John
AnswerID: 543423

Follow Up By: Member - iijmartin - Saturday, Dec 27, 2014 at 20:55

Saturday, Dec 27, 2014 at 20:55
Gday John,
I have upgraded from 23' semi off road van with Hayman Reese WDH to this Patriot with Cruisemaster susp and off road hitch but NO WDH. This van tows rock solid. Even on 50 km of narrow uneven bitumen into Wee Jasper the van behaved superbly behind the BT 50.
I changed from Navara D40 to this 2012 BT 50 3.2 litre auto. I can't praise this vehicle enough as tow tug. The permanent steel tool body canopy probably contributes to towing stability combined with 600 to GVM rear susp upgrade. Great vehicle, I tow in sports mode and drive as a manual. Van tare 2470, haven't weighed it loaded but expect it to be around 2.9-3.0 tonne.
This BT 50 is hugely superior to the Navara as a tow vehicle.
I sound like a kid with a new toy - but my observations are accurate.
Cheers
FollowupID: 830381

Sponsored Links