Packing Campertrailers (For Ease of Access)

Submitted: Monday, Jan 05, 2015 at 13:54
ThreadID: 110627 Views:1938 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you fellow travellers have ideas (preferably with pictures if possible) on how best to pack a 4WD Campertrailer. I'm sure you'll all agree that after a long day on the road, the one thing you need to get your hands on is almost always tucked away in the very far corner. Luckily I've a 10yo son who is capable of squeezing into tight places but for me it's almost an aerobic lesson on occasions!

Our campertrailer is very basic with a kitchenette at the rear door & also opens from the top which is fine for access if you're not horizontally challenged like my wife & I.
I'm after something to make access easier before you set up for the night.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Peter G20 - Monday, Jan 05, 2015 at 14:45

Monday, Jan 05, 2015 at 14:45
Hi there.
When we had a soft floor camper trailer and travelled with 2 kids space was a premium!
To solve the storage situation I made a wooden rail system that allowed the plastic milk crates to slide along the bottom of the trailer and used a broome stick handle with a hook on the end to move the crates back and forth!
It worked well as the crates being open you could easily identify what it was you were looking for!
They also doubled up as seats and tables as you can easily stack them!
We carried about 8 of them.

Cheers

Pete
AnswerID: 543784

Follow Up By: sweetwill - Monday, Jan 05, 2015 at 20:46

Monday, Jan 05, 2015 at 20:46
what a top idea I will be using it on my trailer when we go.
FollowupID: 830843

Reply By: OBJ - Monday, Jan 05, 2015 at 20:56

Monday, Jan 05, 2015 at 20:56
Wife and I travel with a camper trailer and we have a "day bag" which carries tea/coffee break material, and also change of lightweight clothing, jocks and a few small bits and pieces. The only time we need to go "digging" is at the end of the day. This may prove helpful.
Happy travels.
OBJ
AnswerID: 543804

Reply By: Jackolux - Wednesday, Jan 07, 2015 at 10:30

Wednesday, Jan 07, 2015 at 10:30
I guess it depends on the trailer you have and vehicle . We have just bought a Tvan and should pick up a new Dmax this week , so still working it all out
AnswerID: 543854

Sponsored Links