Replacement Prado seats

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 06, 2004 at 21:08
ThreadID: 11063 Views:4488 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Everybody!
I have a 5yr old Prado. It never leaves the suburbs, I bought it for my wife to use as a tough reliable safe people mover. It is doing its job perfectly but does not have a lap sash belt for the middle seat, or headrests for the back two seats. My kids are growing up and soon will need headrests. Does anyone know how I can get the middle seat belt replaced with a lap sash belt, and the back seats replaced with headrests? This would be much lower cost that replacing the whole car.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Phil G - Saturday, Mar 06, 2004 at 22:44

Saturday, Mar 06, 2004 at 22:44
Far back seats came with headrests. They live inside the covers off the back of the 3rd row seats. Certainly the post August '99 models had them.

If you want lap sash in the middle, have to go to 120 series, or fit a harness, and put the youngest child there.

My 4 kids are older now. Theres no way I could get them to sit peacefully with 3 in the centre seats. Unless you've got more than 4 kids, then give them a bit of space, separate them with the odd esky, and you'll have a lot more peace and quiet :-)

Cheers
Phil
AnswerID: 49416

Follow Up By: Doc - Sunday, Mar 07, 2004 at 13:32

Sunday, Mar 07, 2004 at 13:32
I have a June 98 Prado, and as Phil said the headrests fot the third row seats are stored inside the seat backs - undo the velco at the top and the 2 zips at the sides of the flap and hopefully you'll find the biggest headrest you've ever seen!

Geoff
FollowupID: 311248

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 07, 2004 at 21:31

Sunday, Mar 07, 2004 at 21:31
Mr Prado,

Replacing the seat belts is not that easy. The middle seat is not strong enough to mount a lap sash seat belt to it. There is also no place to anchor the belt too. The whole back seat would have to be redesgined and engineered. It would be cheaper to buy a 100 Series.

Wayne
AnswerID: 49459

Sponsored Links