EoTopo, EOZi, EOZi Nav

Submitted: Monday, Jan 05, 2015 at 21:05
ThreadID: 110630 Views:1582 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all,

I have a double din head unit that I have been running IGO8/Primo successfully and OziExplorer with the EoTopo maps. I have also intalled EOZi skin.

What I'm having trouble with is the instructions for the the EOZi Nav so I can run both 'street' and 'offroad' on the same SD card.

"Extract the zip edit the EOZi_Nav.txt file and you will see two lines STREET & 4WD put the path to your street and 4wd programs in this file. Copy the txt and (rename the .ex1 to .exe) exe to the SD card and set the EOZi_Nav.exe as the nav program in the Eono setup and you should be good to go."

The head unit finds 'EOZi_Nav.' ok but when you go back to open navigation it says to "make sure correct path"!

I've extracted the zip and I have the two lines "STREET & 4WD". Not sure with this - "put the path to your street and 4wd programs in this file." and "Copy the txt and (rename the .ex1 to .exe) exe to the SD"

Sorry, not real savy with this but I do have a go, so if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Al.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2015 at 13:36

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2015 at 13:36
Al,

Sorry for the delay in response. if you open the EOZi_Nav.txt file in notepad or similar text file editor you will see the following:

Street /iGo8.exe
4WD /OziExplorerCE.exe

What you need to do is edit these lines to point to the actaul exe files your navigation programs are setup using. You OziExplorer may be installed in /OziExplorer/OziExplorer.exe or some other location. Similar your iGo may be a different version or installed in a different location on the SD card. Basically you need to edit/adjust these two lines to point to the .exe files you are using for Street and 4WD navigation.

When you stick the SD into a desktop you will be able to work out the path and put it into the txt file and you should be up and running.

Let me know how you get on.
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 544171

Follow Up By: alhow - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2015 at 18:42

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2015 at 18:42
Hi David, sorry for the late response.

I've spent some time in front of the computer trying to sort it out but still a little confused with the instructions. The unit sees the file ok but nothing from there.

I'll keep at it though thanks.

Al.
FollowupID: 832410

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2015 at 19:00

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2015 at 19:00
Al,

On your computer when you load the SD card in open the SD card and find the txt file then open it in Notepad to do this right mouse on it and select edit. When you edit it you can then type the path to the Street and Ozi programs on your device.

It seems a little difficult if you do not understand this stuff sorry but it is not easy to write a mod into a free program to make this easier. When you open the SD card using the car comp and you go into the NAV programming to tell it what to run it will show you the path to the .exe files so maybe put the SD back in and get the unit to fire up the two programs as you did previously and make a note of the path. Then transfer this to the txt file when you are editing.

Do either if the nav programs work when you fire up EONav.exe without changing anything?

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 832416

Sponsored Links