shower tent fibreglass frame/poles

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 18, 2015 at 13:11
ThreadID: 110779 Views:1856 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone have any bright ideas for a replacement length of fibreglass or plastic rod ? I must've broken half a dozen of these in recent years and they seem to break and split out of the ferrule very easily. All I need this time is a 1.6 length replacement for the roof support. One piece would be fine as long as it is flexible and I could cut it to size if necessary. I've had all sorts of brands and replacement "kits" cost as much as the whole tent, nearly. I can't for the life of me bring to mind what to look for in Bunnings or similar that would do the job. As the piece I need isn't particularly long, I'd prefer one piece.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick T3 - Sunday, Jan 18, 2015 at 13:44

Sunday, Jan 18, 2015 at 13:44
You can buy limited lengths from Kmart, but they might be a different thickness.

You can also reinforce split poles by taping a toothbrush handle, thin branch from a tree or anything, actually, to the split pole and this will do the job apart from the whole contraption looking a little lopsided.

Another option would be to buy another identical shower tent then replace parts from this for the other tent because then all the poles would be the same size and eventually the fabric will rot and use can use the new fabric.

AnswerID: 544477

Follow Up By: Steve - Sunday, Jan 18, 2015 at 14:03

Sunday, Jan 18, 2015 at 14:03
cheers Mick - I've just found repair kits on ebay for $14 which have enough parts and pole lengths for several repairs, so looks like the answer. Was just flummoxed that I couldn't bring to mind where I might buy a simple length of flexible fibreglass/plastic or even cane. The thickness isn't critical as the pockets are quite generous in size.
FollowupID: 831646

Reply By: Member - Wide ranger - Sunday, Jan 18, 2015 at 17:33

Sunday, Jan 18, 2015 at 17:33
I have used plant stakes from Bunnings .
These are 16mm dia and are smooth coated .
they can be cut and the diameter ground down ( even over a broken brick or concrete
; it is slow going but works ) to suit your set up and come in various lengths .

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 544499

Follow Up By: Steve - Sunday, Jan 18, 2015 at 19:33

Sunday, Jan 18, 2015 at 19:33
thanks mate, I'll have a look next visit
FollowupID: 831685

Reply By: ian.g - Monday, Jan 19, 2015 at 09:40

Monday, Jan 19, 2015 at 09:40
You could try Fiberglass Electric Fence Posts, these are redially available from most rural suppliers
AnswerID: 544532

Sponsored Links