Update VMS 7022 touring in dash navigation

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 19:24
ThreadID: 110995 Views:2133 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Help required please.
I need to update my in dash gps VMS touring 7022 as it is 4 yr old and desperately requires updating. Would anyone know of any free map updates for this model. Thanks in advance for any info.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: vk1dx - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 20:24

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 20:24
No doubt there are some updates.

The VMS can come with both onroad (street) and off road (tracks etc) navigation aid and they both have their own type of map data.

You may also like to drop VMS an email at support@vms4x4.com to see what they say.

We need some more info. Which software are you talking about and what maps?
AnswerID: 545371

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 20:52

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 20:52
I can’t help with the street navigation as I deleted it to make room for more maps on the SD card. Others should be able to help you.

If you are using the Oziexplorer software OziCE, then get the version that you are currently using from the VMS (see below steps) and compare it with the version shown at: http://www.oziexplorer.com.

I believe that the last version is 2.40, however it appears to be a beta version and I never use Beta software. I have sent an email to Ozi to clarify their statement and see how we can get an upgrade of the latest RELEASED version.

In the meantime:-
To get the software version for OziCE.

On the File Menu select Help.
On the Help Menu select About.

The Copyright and version information are displayed.

Maybe by now others have dropped in and answered you already.

FollowupID: 832899

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 10:01

Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 10:01
Hello

In history of changes it states

"Release Version 2.40 (Feb 2013)"

So not beta at all. Even so, its just a word :)

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 832945

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 10:27

Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 10:27
Hi Greg Trust you are in good health and ready for another busy year.

The sentence on the OziCE update page reads "This is an evaluation version with restrictions until purchased". That said to me that you do not get the fully evalkuated and corrected software until cough up the cash.Well that's how I read it. And they haven't got back to me to refure my understanding. Bad since Chris B . . . . left.

I understood from the text that they were evaluating it and using us as "testers". Hence my use of the category "beta version". If people used better grammar then maybe I wouldn't have made that mistake. But that is a dying art. God help the lawyers.

Personally I would never trust "beta" software, especially with there being so many software developers who don't fully, yes FULLY, test their software before releasing it. Windows is a typical example. I wrote very interesting stuff for very high up "birds". They weren't allowed to have errors. Not one.

Anyway I digress. Catchya

FollowupID: 832946

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 10:30

Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 10:30
Allan from oziexplorer just answered my email and confirmed what you said Greg.

Thanks Allan. I should have waited a bit. Chris used to call me sometimes. But that was back in 2009.

Cheers
FollowupID: 832947

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 10:43

Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 10:43
No worries.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 832949

Reply By: Kumunara (NT) - Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 09:13

Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 09:13
Rev

You can update by purchasing a new SD card from the VMS site on-line.
They are definitely not free.

Regards

Tjilpi
Life's great and it just keeps getting better

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 545391

Sponsored Links